Ask a question
Making Waves
morqual

Big Trouble in Little Cheadle

[ Edited ]

Can anybody help.

Experiencing a very bad connection - Packet loss often around 50% but usually 8-20%, high ping and high jitter. Browsing is difficult and online gaming is pretty much impossible.

Worse at peak times if that is any use.

I t has been like this for a month or so. Engineer hasn't cured it and 151 has been no help at all.

http://www.pingtest.net/result/30512109.png

postcode SK8

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Dave_O

Re: Big Trouble in Little Cheadle

Hi morqual,

The UBR which handles your connection is currently suffering from very high utilisation, particularly at peak times. This has been raised to our network teams under reference F001457222. Work to resolve this issue is currently being scheduled, and as such we can not provide a firm resolution date at this time.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

David Owen
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
RDD
One to Watch
RDD

Re: Big Trouble in Little Cheadle

Dave_O wrote:

Hi morqual,

The UBR which handles your connection is currently suffering from very high utilisation, particularly at peak times. This has been raised to our network teams under reference F001457222. Work to resolve this issue is currently being scheduled, and as such we can not provide a firm resolution date at this time.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

This goes a long way to explain my issues as posted in my thread (link below) also relating to the SK8 postcode, hopefully all will be well soon! My service is currently not too bad and seems to be improving a little, all being well the works will solve the majority of the issues.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Fibre-optic-broadband-cable/Flaky-Service-In-Cheadle-Hulme-SK8/m...

Please use plain text.