Searching for something?
Crafty
technocrat

1mbps download speeds

Peak time service I'm getting consistent 1mbps download speeds on 20mbit during peak times can anyone tell my why? any speed tests bring this speeds, downloading files is fine, web browsing is slow as hell on ALL pc's in house, cant watch iplayer or youtube......

nothing wrong with any of the pc's or phones used and even when plugging straight into the modem I only get these speeds really fed up with this any help appreciated its like port 80 is getting restricted....

Please use plain text.
Font of All Knowledge
Peter_

Re: 1mbps download speeds

standard modem

Please post the modem model and the Upstream and Downstream stats from your modem just click http://192.168.100.1/CmOpConfig.asp or if that does not work click http://192.168.100.1/

----------------------------------------------------
Superhub

Please post the Upstream and Downstream stats from your modem just click http://192.168.100.1/ the username is admin and the password is changeme, then click on the small red writing that says advanced settings then look down the left hand side and under Maintenance click on connection and copy and post the details from there. 

Has this post helped you out? say thanks by clicking on the RED STAR +☆
If I helped to answer your question then please click 'Helpful Answer' also
Please use plain text.
Crafty
technocrat

modem is the ambit 256, the levels all seem to be fine but here they are:

Downstream Lock : Locked
Downstream Channel Id : 55
Downstream Frequency : 307000000 Hz
Downstream Modulation : QAM256
Downstream Symbol Rate : 6952 Ksym/sec
Downstream Interleave Depth : taps12Increment17
Downstream Receive Power Level : 7.2 dBmV
Downstream SNR : 39.0 dB

Upstream Lock : Locked
Upstream Channel ID : 2
Upstream Frequency : 25800000 Hz
Upstream Modulation : QAM16
Upstream Symbol Rate : 2560 Ksym/sec
Upstream transmit Power Level : 45.0 dBmV
Upstream Mini-Slot Size : 2

Network Access : Allowed
Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 20480000
Maximum Upstream Data Rate : 768000
Maximum Upstream Channel Burst : 3044
Maximum Number of CPEs : 1
Modem Capability : Concatenation Enabled, Fragametation Enabled, PHS Enabled

Like I say its every peak time its just web browsing causing the problems, its completely unusable constant buffering on iplayer and youtube, speedtests showing 70ms pings and between 0.5 and 1.2mpbs at the most its absolutely ridiculous, according to vm theres nothing wrong.....tearing my hair out.

Please use plain text.
Font of All Knowledge
Peter_

Your power levels look normal so we need a forum team member to read this thread and check out your connection and if they see an issue they will let you know, so please refrain from posting in this thread as it puts you back down the queue.

I would wait for an answer from the forum team as they are our 2nd line and they will be able to see if the are any issues.

Has this post helped you out? say thanks by clicking on the RED STAR +☆
If I helped to answer your question then please click 'Helpful Answer' also
Please use plain text.
Crafty
technocrat

[ Edited ]

still waiting for an answer this is ridiculous...still only getting 1.2mbps at night.........

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Ray_M

Hi technocrat,

I've checked the network and all is OK this side and your power levels are good. We did have a fault last week which was affecting a lot of our users in Scotland and  which has now been resolved (see here). Can you confirm if you have seen an improvement in your connection since your last post?

Regards,

Ray Miranda
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.

Please use plain text.
Crafty
technocrat

Hi no there is no improvement, and its down to 1mbps again today....(4pm even earlier than normal)

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Dave_O

Hi technocrat,

Having checked your connection, I'm unable to see any issues either with your modem or on the UBR which handles your modem's connection. If you're still experiencing issues, please have a look at this thread and post the results of the recommended tests here. This will aid us in investigating this for you. Also, can you please confirm whether you have tested this on mulitple PCs?

Thanks.

David Owen
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.