Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
wookie49

Usenet downloads are all corrupt

Hi

Ever since I upgraded to 100mb from 30mb all my downloads are ending up corrupt on usenet, Is this happening to anyone else ???

this coupled with really poor speeds, I've yet to reach 80mb let alone 100mb which Im paying for.

Is there a problem with virgins new servers ?

any help with this would be greatly appreciated

cheers

Dave

Please use plain text.
Wizard
Nicosia

Re: Usenet downloads are all corrupt

try using the .par files to fix them but its the file youre downloading it has nothing to do with virginmedia's connection it just was a coinsidence

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
wookie49

Hi Nicosia

thanks for your reply, yeah the par files are no good they are either damaged or the is not enough blocks to repair them, every rar that is downloaded is corrupt.

I've tried using different downloading clients and the result is still the same

I've recently upgraded from 30meg to 100meg and everything seemed fine until them, could this have something to do with it ??

Please use plain text.
The Sorter
plazma

There has been some talk about downloads being corrupted by the r36 firmware (seach the forums).

One thing you could do is to use SSL for the usenet connection it may help, as the piple will be over a secondary layer and that should ensure your getting what you should be as the ssl layer will break if it gets fed bad data.

Another thing maybe to stick the superhub into modem mode and use your own router.

Please use plain text.