Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Padawan
keenrw

Galaxy S4 phone won't connect to my wifi

Hi

i have a problem with my Galaxy S4 phone that's only just started happening , I try to connect to my WiFi and I get messages saying some thing like .."" Your Internet is unstable "" and "" network disabled because internet connection is slow"".

It's in the same room as the super hub so full bars and every thing else connects fine ,I'm running jelly bean 4.3 and have heard there's bad problems with it and is effecting WiFi connections along with other problems :smileysad: . ..does any one have a work around fix ? as I don't wanna eat into my mobile data while at home .

thanks 

Rich

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
gary_dexter

Re: Galaxy S4 phone won't connect to my wifi

reboot the hub as first point of call
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
xPhilip

I have the same issue with my galaxy s4, wifi connection cuts out/doesnt work etc.

Every other wireless device in my house works perfectly fine. Also tried a friends S4 and the same issue persists.

Please use plain text.
Padawan
keenrw

I have reset the modem quite a few times but it still won't connect ..its not a problem with Virgin Media as there is quite a few people with the same problem running Jelly bean 4.3 .
Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Ralph_R

Hi Keenrw,

It looks like AT&T and Samsung have pulled the Android 4.3 update and are now investigating some potential issues with the build, hopefully they'll have an update released shortly to fix all the reported wireless problems.

Please keep us posted if you hear anything.

Cheers

Ralph
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
Padawan
keenrw

Thanks for that , it's finally connected and had a good connection the past few days .

thanks 

Rich

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
madison_d

Glad to hear that Rich. Keep us up to speed with how you get on!

Have a good Christmas.

Madison
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
pcoventry31

keenrw wrote:
I have reset the modem quite a few times but it still won't connect ..its not a problem with Virgin Media as there is quite a few people with the same problem running Jelly bean 4.3 .

I don't have any problems with my S4 on the SH2 but I do get constant app updates since I did 4.3 Luckily a factory retore takes it back to 4.2 and I am leaving it there - the only difference i've seen is that my 4G connects a second faster.. nothing major 

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
AverillB

I've found that I get that message ("your internet connection is unstable") on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) when reconnecting to my home wifi after I've been out and about. The only solution I've found is to turn the phone off (NOT restart it) for a few minutes.

While I suspect it's a problem with the phone (i.e. turn the phone off, not the modem/router), it's also a problem that I've only started having since I upgraded to the Superhub 2. I tried turning off the Superhub's routers (5G and 2G) and switched back to using my own (Linksys), but that hasn't made any difference.

Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
mildenhall

Have you tried a Firmware download via kies?

My S4 4.3 connects fine. The 4.3 update was pulped but it is now supposedly all fixed and an update is available. Sometimes you get firmware downloads from kies before over the air.

Please use plain text.