Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Bright Spark
twobells

Elder Scrolls Online Unplayable Lag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I'm playing the ESO beta and man Virgin Media customers are having huge lag problems with it.

A few minutes after logging in players are kicked from the game with an "unknown error".

It looks increasingly like VM is treating ESO as P2P and that is completely unacceptable, we need VM support to get on this as a matter of urgency.

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
simracer

Re: Elder Scrolls Online Unplayable Lag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm having similar problems with rFactor2. Was fine until about 3 weeks ago.

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
poise

Its Open Beta, they are doing stress tests, they say this quiet plainly in their emails for the open beta invites.

most likely its nothing to do with virgin but due to ESOL overloading the player base on the server to see how the server copes.

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
twobells

I am also being disconnected from TeamSpeak at the same moment I get thrown off ESO, can you think of any reason how the two could be connected?

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
twobells

Disconnecting From Game Every 20 Minutes

I'm disconnecting from Elder Scrolls Online every 20 minutes on the dot along with many other VM customers and yet gamers on other ISP's have no such issues, my power levels have been told they are fine (previous post) yet the issue continues.

My problems began after the most recent engineering in the area, the tv and net went down for a few hours then came back up having increased my speed by around 10mbps but left me with this issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Jen_A

Hi twobells,

As poise has pointed out this does seem to be linked to the deliberately induced stress testing for this beta.

Please take a look here:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail2/a_id/4320/session/L3RpbWUvMTM5MjIyNDEyNS9zaW...

Note that the stress test includes breaking records for 'concurrent players within a single server'.

Part of the responsibility of being a beta tester is to report issues to the game developers so that they can use the information to improve gameplay prior to general release.

I have of course also tested your connection and everything looks fine so I honestly don't believe this to be caused by anything our side.

Let us know how you get on :smileyhappy:

Jen

Jen_A
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
Forum Team
John_G

Re: Disconnecting From Game Every 20 Minutes

Hi Twobells, 

I'm assuming you're hardwired when playing Elder scrolls. Being disconnected at such accurate intervals certainly doesn't sound like an issue with power levels or SNR. It's far too formulaic. Possibly some firewall or security sweep that runs every 20 minutes that causes the connection to drop. 

I've checked everything at this end and your connection looks healthy. Power levels, SNR and utilisation are all fine. I can't comment on other users having the same issue as I've not come across any though if you ask them to post here I'll try and collate any data to see if there is anything at our end. 

Could you post a traceroute to the Elder Scroll server you use for us to take a look at too?

John
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
den3gi

Hi, reposting from the similar tread at ''gaming '' section, in hope that it is easier to be seen here. The problems appear exactly as it is described ,there, from last beta and now. Pretty annoying to say the least, and to be honest if it comes down to a choice between changing provider or not being able to play ESO , I will choose ESO

Please use plain text.