Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
One to Watch
awmarsh

120Mb - Very, very, very slow...

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I'm experiencing very slow web speeds during the evening - as you can see below:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html?id=136502719922805184510

I'm in the NW6 area of London.  Are there any issues there?

I currently have the Superhub in Modem mode and I'm using an Asus RT-N66U instead because I got fed up with its general uselessness.

For some time I've been having issues simply browsing YouTube in HD - and even Spotify pauses every so often.  Not good...

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
Stythinator

Re: 120Mb - Very, very, very slow...

Hi awmarsh,

Can you please go to 192.168.100.1 and click Router Status in the Top right corner and Post your Downstream and Upstream Powerlevels.

Also can you please do below.

Run a speed test.

Run a trace route to bbc.co.uk or google.co.uk. Please post you results and people will be happy to investigate the issue.

Kind regards,

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
vjhalai

[ Edited ]

dont bother posting your stream levels all they going to say is high utliisation downloads during these times and will raise a ticket to get it sorted but it wont get sorted and all you will be able to do is get a small refund but whats the point if your going to get bad speeds

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
awmarsh

Please use plain text.
The Sorter
weegiegeek

Was it really worth the effort taken to clog up this thread with your moan, vjhalai?

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
Adduxi

Your DS levels are too high, optimal is -3 to +7, but I doubt if VM will take action at that level.

Call VM and check anyway.

You could always lower it yourself with a 6dba FPA. They are fairly inexpensive on eBay.

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
Stythinator

As the Above poster Suggested would be 2 good ways of going from this. Apart from that Everything else looks good.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Lykaios

Optimal range is -3 +7, but acceptable is -6 to +10. So an engineer wont come out.

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Amer_Z

Hi awmarsh,

Thanks for the information. I can confirm after running tests yoru power levels are fine. However the UBR which handles your connection is currently experiencing high utilisation. This has been raised to our network teams under reference F001994368. Work to resolve this issue is currently scheduled to take place on 24/04/2013 (although this may be subject to change).

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and thanks for your patience in advance.

Amer_Z
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
awmarsh

[ Edited ]

Hello Amer_Z,

Can you confirm that the work will still be undertaken on the 24/04/2013.  Speeds in the evenings are not too great at the moment.

Thanks

Please use plain text.