Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
alspider

utterly fed up ! and getting nowhere.

Hi, We have recently upgraded to 100mbps but were only getting about 30mbps wireless but on average 70-90 wired, I was on the telephone over 1 hour last night to a engineer who checked everything and came to the conclusion our wireless adaptors in our laptops are past their best.Anyhow i was wondering if you could suggest a wireless usb adaptor that would be suitable for 100mbps otherwise im going to have to run wires all around the house. thanks alex

Please use plain text.
Wizard
Tom1029

Re: utterly fed up ! and getting nowhere.

A 5GHz adapter would be nice because my laptop has it built in and I can get 100mb through that :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
Actionpigeon

I would DEFINATELY get a second opinion on the "past their best remark" they "engineers" at the call center would not know an ethernet cable if it was shoved somewhere the sun don't shine.  Please, it makes me cringe to see people wanting to spend money to fix a seemingly non-existant problem.

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
VMCopperUser

As long as your wireless adapter is 11n then it is probably fine.

The SuperDud  has poor speeds and connectivity and they have NOT been able to fix it, there is nothing more to add to that :/....

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.

I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

Read or Not ....
Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
Leanne_K

Hi alspider,

Sorry to hear your facing connection problems.

Aslong as its a wireless N adapter this should be fine.

Id advise to follow these instructions by clicking here which can improve wireless performance.

Leanne K
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
RedGooner

Wireless will always be slower than Wired. Have you put a CAT5 cable into your Superhub, and laptop to see if you get 100mb.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 152Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
Colin_B

[ Edited ]

Hi RedGooner,

A good suggestion. On our 100mb service we would recommend using a LAN adaptor that is gigabit capable using a CAT6 Ethernet cable. However you should be able to see close to 100mb using a 100mb LAN adaptor with a CAT5 cable.

Kind regards,

Colin_B
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
RedGooner

On my system I have the SH in modem mode (most stable mode for it), connected to a AUS RT-N66U router

http://uk.asus.com/Networks/Wireless_Routers/RTN66U/

All wired devices using CAT5e cables.

I am getting 103Mbs Down, and 9.56Mbs Up.

Wireless devices run slower, my PS3 getting 11Mbs down Max, but this is due to Sonys Backend, more than VM.

Just wish VM would hurry up and get 120Mb in my area.

Red

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 152Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
Please use plain text.