Searching for something?
One to Watch
kaivenzo

Trial Firmware

I've signed up for the survey for the trial firmware, when will i be getting it and how will i get it?

I have been having problems with corrupted downloads for like 3 weeks now. I've tried going "modem" mode with a router but it does not help at all. Please someone from the staff respond asap. I've important documents that needs to be downloaded.

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
VMCopperUser

Re: Trial Firmware

If "Modem Mode" does not fix your corrupt download issue then the beta firmware will not help.  Seek problems elsewhere.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.

I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

Read or Not ....
Please use plain text.
The Sorter
plazma

Please provide more information, what are you downloading, from where, what protocols are effected.

The more information the better.

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
kaivenzo

Aside from email compressed files, i've tried downloading games from origin even microsoft updates, but it always ends up as download failed.
Please use plain text.
The Sorter
plazma

Are you running R36 still ? if so this could be the cause of the corrupt downloads, it technically shouldnt in modem mode.

How are you connecting to the superhub ? wired right ?

The other thing that would effect this is packet loss caused by high use at the ubr, which is something vm can check for you.

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
kaivenzo

Yup R36. Wired connection. I'm able to download small files though <100mb, but large files still ends up corrupted. Mind-boggling

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
Peter_Li

Hello kaivenzo,

Usually the trial firmware gets pushed through after about 3 working days. If you have not received the trial firmware on your SuperHub yet, could you please fill in the form again, and if it is still not working, we will have to manually add your SuperHub to the list.

Peter L
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
kaivenzo

[ Edited ]
It's been more than 3 days already. And i cant access the survey form anymore (says it's already been completed). I'm currently on modem mode, do i have to change it back?
Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
VMCopperUser

I hate to ask, but some people wouldnt know to do it so not trying to be cruel or anything.

Have you restarted it.... /*ducks from flying eggs tossed by the angry guy*/

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.

I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

Read or Not ....
Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
Lindsey_P

Hi kaivenzo,

I've checked your equipment and it would appear that you're still running on R36 rather than the trial firmware. I have requested for this to be manually pushed through. 

You may need to reboot your Superhub in order for this to take effect.

Kind Regards,

Lindsey P

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.