Searching for something?
Font of All Knowledge
Peter_

Re: Superhub 2

umbrokhan wrote:

I asked VM

Virgin media said its a lie.there is no super hub 2 coming out.

Superhub 2 as above failed testing and as for Superhub 3 everything has gone quiet so expect that one to have been consigned to the bin.

As for a standalone modem that is unlikely to appear as that would mean admitting the Superhub was a failure.

Has this post helped you out? say thanks by clicking on the RED STAR +☆
If I helped to answer your question then please click 'Helpful Answer' also
Please use plain text.
Good to Know
umbrokhan

What features would you like to see in the next superhub 2 or 3?

Simultaneous Dual Band

Gigabit WiFi 

Up to 450 (2.4Ghz) + 1300Mbps (5Ghz) for speeds up to 1750Mbps

better  WiFi coverage throughout your home

USB ports

Router that Features Torrent App

external aerial so you can upgrade it in the future

5 Gigabit Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology

Double firewall protection 

Denial-of-service (DoS) attack prevention

Security WPA/WPA2—PSK

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
Adduxi

@ Peter quote - "As for a standalone modem that is unlikely to appear as that would mean admitting the Superhub was a failure"

Yes, agree, but there would be nothing better than a really good solid cable modem for those who want one.
I can't believe VM would object to the simple business model of 2 choices;

1 - SuperHub (sic) and all the associated Helpdesk costs that go with this type of equipment.

2 - Cable Modem, no help supplied and all networking is the users responsibility. Simples.... (Nod to Seph!!)

Sometimes the simplest things in life are better  :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Superuser
ravenstar68

Why is everyone so hung up on 5GHz - Oh yes it's because we are being told it's the next best thing!!!

Read up on 5GHz and yes you will find it suffers from less interference at present, mainly because everyone is currently using the congested 2.4GHz.

However also be aware that as you go upwards in frequency you get a correspondng decrease in the maximum range of the signal for a set power level (which would also cause a corresponding decrease in connection speed).

Also as routers do not have required technologies in place they are only allowed to use 4 channels 36, 40, 44 and 48, this is due to EU Guidelines.

As for Gigabit Wifi - higher wifi rates are acheived by bonding more then 1 channel together, as people using up to 300Mb/s will attest, this does not work if you have interference accross part of the spectrum hence the addition of OBSS to the SH to reduce speed to up to 145Mb/s if this is detected.

up to 300Mb/s is acheived by bonding 2 signals together taking up 6 channels on the 2.4Ghz spectrum, unless VM add DFS and TPC to the next Superhub then there are not going to be enough free channels to support bonding needed for anything more than 450Mb/s.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Please use plain text.
Font of All Knowledge
Peter_

Adduxi wrote:

@ Peter quote - "As for a standalone modem that is unlikely to appear as that would mean admitting the Superhub was a failure"

Yes, agree, but there would be nothing better than a really good solid cable modem for those who want one.
I can't believe VM would object to the simple business model of 2 choices;

1 - SuperHub (sic) and all the associated Helpdesk costs that go with this type of equipment.

2 - Cable Modem, no help supplied and all networking is the users responsibility. Simples.... (Nod to Seph!!)

Sometimes the simplest things in life are better  :smileyhappy: 

I take it that you have obviously misunderstood my post and have strangely gone of track, do read it again and let what I posted sink in, we shoulfd have had a mainstream device which would be a racehorse in comparison to the in the 2 camels we presently have on the network and mainstream devices were tested and I even know people who tested them.

Has this post helped you out? say thanks by clicking on the RED STAR +☆
If I helped to answer your question then please click 'Helpful Answer' also
Please use plain text.
Good to Know
umbrokhan

@Peter

how do you know superhub 2 fail testing and super hub 3?

were you get your information from?

Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
lorgiveaduck

umbrokhan wrote:

@Peter

how do you know superhub 2 fail testing and super hub 3?

were you get your information from?

He used to work for them until they made everyone redundant at the Albert Dock and they had a little something called the "intranet" which had all the wonderful information on the internal intranet and as he is no longer an employee the is nothing to prevent him posting the information above.:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

the dual vendor failed but i wasnt aware there was a completely new model
*I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
lorgiveaduck

jb66 wrote:
the dual vendor failed but i wasnt aware there was a completely new model

They were getting tenders from new vendors but they were unsure if they would go again with internal antennas or external and the reason given was they thought external antenna may spoil the looks of the new device, that one appeared also to have been shelved before we left the Albert Dock.

Superhub 2 was to be called the 485 but failed and Superhub 3 was to be the 487 but neither device never saw the light of day to date.

We were quite surprised that they never went with either the Motorola device or the Cisco device but instead went for the VMNG300 which was out of date before release considering they went ahead and started to rollout 8 downstreams, a case of left hand not knowing what the right was doing.

Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

only cisco or dlink would be appropriate for the next superhub. i wish samsung could get involved, everything they churn out seems to be good quality, from the old 2110 boxes to the new tivo. even the tvs to the new s3 phone. im suprised theyve not made an impact on routers.
*I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
Please use plain text.