Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
One to Watch
Saty

tivo, dvd and tv configuration via scart help required

Just upgraded cable box to tivo, previously could connect Sony home theatre into 1 scart on cable and tv into other scart and switching on the dvd would override the cable.

Tivo has 1 hdmi and 1 scart, engineer said a splitter would resolve the problem which I bought but not sure if he meant a switch or do I need a male to female converter for the scart from tv to connect to the male connector and connect from tivo and dvd to the female connections on the splitter.

Cable box manual used to come with configurations to include home theatre but not with the tivo.

Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
Glyn1066

Re: tivo, dvd and tv configuration via scart help required

Saty wrote:

Just upgraded cable box to tivo, previously could connect Sony home theatre into 1 scart on cable and tv into other scart and switching on the dvd would override the cable.

Tivo has 1 hdmi and 1 scart, engineer said a splitter would resolve the problem which I bought but not sure if he meant a switch or do I need a male to female converter for the scart from tv to connect to the male connector and connect from tivo and dvd to the female connections on the splitter.

Cable box manual used to come with configurations to include home theatre but not with the tivo.

The Scart on your Tivo box is only an output and not an input. 

TICK MY KUDOS IF I HAVE BEEN OF HELP.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Saty

Thanks for confirming that, does anyone know what is the best option to connect both the tivo and dvd to the tv via scart ?

Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
Glyn1066

[ Edited ]

Saty wrote:

Thanks for confirming that, does anyone know what is the best option to connect both the tivo and dvd to the tv via scart ?

Hi I have an automatic Scart Unit. What it is the unit has four scart inputs and you plug the unit into your TV when you switch your Tivo on it will auto load and when you change to the DVD that will auto change for that. I got my automatic scart change over from Comet you might get it cheaper from Ebay.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
Glyn1066

Saty wrote:

Here is the link to ebay so you can see what it does http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Totally-Automatic-SCART-Signal-Controller-New-/251026216288?pt=UK_Computin...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Saty

Thanks again, however my plasma is on the wall and the scart lead from it is plastered into the wall.

Thats why I was wondering if there was a male to male connector and as long as only one device is on at a time then that should work.

Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
Glyn1066

Saty wrote:

Thanks again, however my plasma is on the wall and the scart lead from it is plastered into the wall.

Thats why I was wondering if there was a male to male connector and as long as only one device is on at a time then that should work.

You can try Maplin they tend to have a connector. They actually call it female to female as the one from your TV is male. The connector costs £1.45 on ebay  here is the link.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/21-PIN-SCART-LEAD-CABLE-COUPLER-JOINER-EXTENDER-ADAPTOR-Female-to-Female-S...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Saty

Got one for £9 from Maplin and it does the business. My non auto scart splitter doesn't like the Tivo connected even when its switched off so I don't get the DVD picture unless I unplug the Tivo scart.

Will have to splash out on the auto scart controller at some stage.

Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
Glyn1066

Glad you managed to get a connector. I have the automatic scart connector and it works really well,no messing with switches,just switch the device you want on and it instantly changes the TV over to that connection.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Please use plain text.
Boffin
WayneC

Can't you connect TV by HMDI and Sony theatre (DVD?) by Scart?  Then you'll be getting full 1080i and HD to the TV rather than RGB video.

However HDMI doesn't support self-switching like Scart, so you have to manually change inputs.

Please use plain text.