Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
jamie142

record football first with a game on red button

Hello

Iv recently moved from sky+hd and to virgins more clunkier and slower tivo box....

Im on the vip collection and trying to record football first on sky sports one but it is a game that is via the red button and it wont record onto my tivo box.

Iv tried other channels and they record fine but it doesnt want to record via the red button.

Does virgin offer this or is it behind sky on this one?
Please use plain text.
The Sorter
BinghamBloke

Re: record football first with a game on red button

Basically no you can not record the red button
Please use plain text.
Superuser
PrinterElf

jamie142 wrote:
Does virgin offer this or is it behind sky on this one?

I'm sure it's technically possible, though whether Sky have permitted VM do allow this as part of their license agreement is a separate matter!

Loc: PR4 1, TV: XL+SkyHD, BB: 100Mbps
2x 1TB TiVo: {15.3.1.RC3-VMC-2-C00}
SuperHub: R37 {Modem mode}
I don't work for VM, and I don't plan to!
Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread (or if you're feeling brave, RTFM! :smileywink:)
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos + button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
jamie142

Thank you for the comments everyone

Hopefully this is a feature that Virgin will decide to intergrate (for real) along with the "BBC red button" which you get with Sky and freeview.  -  i have seen the bbc news app and the bbc sports app, but just not the same.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Ernie_C

jamie142 wrote:

Thank you for the comments everyone

Hopefully this is a feature that Virgin will decide to intergrate (for real) along with the "BBC red button" which you get with Sky and freeview.  -  i have seen the bbc news app and the bbc sports app, but just not the same.

I think you've missed the point on both your own question and the BBC red button.

Sky do not allow Virgin Media to include the facility to record red button programs.

TiVo is ahead of the game, not behind, having implemented the BBC's connected red button function. The Sky and Freeview red button implementation is the old way and not what the BBC see as the future.

Please use plain text.