Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
One to Watch
Charlietbh

Watching my living room TiVo box in another room?

Hi all,

Is this possible?  I tried a basic shop bought signal sender but it did have a HDMI port.  Have found one that claims to but it's £115 so I'd rather know something like that will work before I get it.  Just want to watch new channel while I have breaky so over £100 is a bit much too really.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
SolentSurfer

Re: Watching my living room TiVo box in another room?

Hi Charlietbh,

Setting aside potential VM licensing issues regarding using senders to duplicate your Tivo signal, I would say my experience several years back with the old PACE cable STBs was poor and I still have the senders sitting in the garage somewhere.

They can be subject to a lot of interference and unless you have line of sight from the sender to the receiving unit it could be problematic.  Also channel changing may not function properly depending on the technology the sender is using compared with the Tivo controls.

I suggest either subscribe to another standard STB (I think only £5/10 month) which will give you all your channels, on-demand and Catch-up TV but not HD, apps or recording for which you would need an other Tivo or V+ box (no apps on V+).

Hope this helps. 

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Charlietbh

Don't think I can justify  extra per month just to watch news while I eat my cereal.  Thanks anyway :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
gazlyn

speak to retentions,when i did i got a free upgrade to tivo with free instalation and also free relocation of my existing hd box to another room with  no extra charge for subs so it doesnt actually cost me anything extra at all so i had no reason to say no to it even though i didnt need it

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
cllrclarke

[ Edited ]

HD video sender's definatley work with the Tivo, but they do need to be in the line of sight of each other. You can get flat HDMI cable so as to run under the carpet. You would need an active HDMI splitter if you want the output onto 2 tv's.

Also some older LCD/Plasma's cannot get any sound from the HD senders ( HDMI 1.2 or older)

If you have an IPhone 4, really good app called PeanutPlus, controls your Tivo using your wireless network, really easy to set up and works a treat.

Please use plain text.