Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Proof’s in the Pudding
Glyn1066

Virgin Media announce new bundles

March 30, 2012

Virgin Media announces new bundles called 'Collections'

Information from What HiFi:
Virgin Media announces new bundles called 'Collections', there are three tiers: 
Essential: TiVo (500GB) + M+ TV pack (6 HD channels) + 30Mb broadband £25/month
Premiere: TiVo (500GB) + V HD box + XL TV pack (23 HD channels) + 60Mb broadband + six months free Spotify £45/month + ESPN HD
VIP: TiVo (1TB0 + TiVo (500GB) + XL TV pack (36 HD channels) + 100Mb broadband + Sky Sports and Movies + ESPN HD + six months Spotify £95/month
The new Collections are available to both new and existing customers looking to update their services. Customers on the older broadband tiers such as 10Mb and 20Mb are being upgraded at no extra cost as part of Virgin Media's 'Double Speeds' programme.
(As has been commented on elsewhere, these promoted prices don't appear to include the required phone package of £13.90 a month. Naughty, although I've seen Sky do likewise in their marketing.)
TICK MY KUDOS IF I HAVE BEEN OF HELP.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
mrchiggles

Re: Virgin Media announce new bundles

So if I read this right, these are available to existing customers.

I'm currently paying £38.90 for the basic L BB, M+ TV and basic phone.  The collection would be exactly the same price but includes 30Meg broadband (which will mean an increase to 60meg later in the year).

Would seem daft not to just ring up and get the faster speed then, unless they're charging 50quid to install it, anyone know?

Chris.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

mrchiggles wrote:

So if I read this right, these are available to existing customers.

I'm currently paying £38.90 for the basic L BB, M+ TV and basic phone.  The collection would be exactly the same price but includes 30Meg broadband (which will mean an increase to 60meg later in the year).

Would seem daft not to just ring up and get the faster speed then, unless they're charging 50quid to install it, anyone know?

Chris.

You are misreading the packages. All the Collections include broadband tiers with the increase brought forward - so they won't go up again

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
mrchiggles

But I'm on 10meg which they tell me will double to 20meg - where does the 30meg come from?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

[ Edited ]

mrchiggles wrote:

But I'm on 10meg which they tell me will double to 20meg - where does the 30meg come from?

It's a new tier, which is I'm sure is available to existing customers moving onto the Collections

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
ASHMARK

I was phoned up by virgin.  I was on V+HD, plus 10mb broad band, plus L TV.

For an extra £10 per month I now got a TIVO, 60mb broadband (so they tell me) and the XL TV.  There was no installation fee. It was installed on Friday.

So considering the TIVO alone was going to be an extra £5 per month it not a bad upgrade.  I am tied in for 12 months though, but so far so good.

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
mrchiggles

Confusion seems to reign!  Might just give them a bell and see what they can do for me, am happy with what I've got really but would like a superhub to reduce the clutter - I assume I'll get one in July when I'm upgraded to 20meg anyway but would be nice to have one sooner.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

mrchiggles wrote:

Confusion seems to reign!  Might just give them a bell and see what they can do for me, am happy with what I've got really but would like a superhub to reduce the clutter - I assume I'll get one in July when I'm upgraded to 20meg anyway but would be nice to have one sooner.

20Mbit doesn't need a SuperHub. If you go onto L 30 or XL 60Mbit then you would need a SuperHub

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
mrchiggles

So I'd be left with the ancient modem & seperate wifi option and my speed just increased?  Might ring up about the collection now then!

Please use plain text.
Padawan
mythbuster

[ Edited ]

According to the press ads there is a £49.99 activation fee :smileymad:

Please use plain text.