Tech Wizard I
gerald63

Tivo software on Cisco V HD box ?

[ Edited ]

Will the Tivo software be on the Cisco V HD box sometime next year ?

________________________________________________________________________________

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer.
Please use plain text.
A regular II
bigappleads

Re: Tivo software on Cisco V HD box ?

I'd wager later than that. Plus, what will be the cost to the VHD customers if they go ahead. Probably be before red button though!
Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard I
gerald63

[ Edited ]

bigappleads wrote:
Probably be before red button though!

Doubt it. It could come the end of the month.

Currently we provide a Red Button link to the full BBC iPlayer on TiVo. We are working with our content partners to extend this with new Red Buttons services before the end of this year.

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=384308&CURRENT...

COUNTY=us&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=

Hey,

We are able to push an app launch after the firmware update later this month, and before the change freeze. As we've said in our update announcement, the firmware update supports us to launch Red Button services as well as Spotify services. So we're working as hard as we can with our partners to get these great services out as soon as possible. Everything else will come in the new year. 

Nick

________________________________________________________________________________

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer.
Please use plain text.
A regular II
bigappleads

As it's been 'coming in the next few months' since June, I'll believe it when I see it. Probably just in time to miss the end of the F1 season if it is next month.
Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard I
gerald63

bigappleads wrote:
As it's been 'coming in the next few months' since June, I'll believe it when I see it. Probably just in time to miss the end of the F1 season if it is next month.

Phil_C wrote:

What is the "change freeze"?

During December Virgin avoid launching any new products or services, or changes to existing services to make sure there is no risk to customer's services in the run up to, and over the holiday period

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/Red-button-is-not-coming-this-year/td-p/828567/page/2

If it does come it will be this month,

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard I
gerald63

Re: Nick O can you answer this question ?

gerald63 wrote:

Nick O can you answer this question ?

Please use plain text.
Knows the ropes III
Mr_K

Not sure I'd want TiVo software anywhere near my VHD box.  My VHD is fast, responsive and, performance wise,  probably the best box VM do at the moment.

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard I
gerald63

Re: Nick O can you answer this question

gerald63 wrote:

Nick O can you answer this question.

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard I
gerald63

Re: Nick O can you answer this question

[ Edited ]

Posted by mistake.

Please use plain text.
A regular III
mikerr

[ Edited ]

Does the V HD have an ethernet socket ?

[edit] ah yes, I see it does: http://shop.virginmedia.com/digital-tv/set-top-boxes/v-hd-box.html

The best (and only?) reason for TiVo software on V HD boxes is for streaming programmes from TiVo recorders.

Original TiVo owner since 2001 - still in use! , V+ not missed, VM TiVo since Feb 2011

Daily tip: Press CLEAR on remote to quickly delete a recording or entire folder.
Read the manual: tivo_complete_guide.pdf
Please use plain text.