Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
sanny632003

Tivo reminder

Can you set a reminder on tivo like you used to do with the V+ box? I dont want to record the programme, just set a reminder that it is on..

Please use plain text.
Superuser
keithse

Re: Tivo reminder

Nope you can't - there's many threads on here with people asking for it to be implemented as they miss it.

I believe the VM/TiVo thinking was that you've got so much Hard disk space that you can just record everything and don't need reminders - something I personally am happy with (as it fits in with the way I watch telly) but may aren't!

I've heard it is planned to be part of an update sometime later this year.

Kith

Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
karnka

I have to chime in here again. You have three tuners and a vast amount of storage. You do not need reminders. If you think you might want to watch something, just record it.

TiVos have never had a 'reminder' as it is really not needed.
Please use plain text.
Wizard
Jayceef1

karnka wrote:
I have to chime in here again. You have three tuners and a vast amount of storage. You do not need reminders. If you think you might want to watch something, just record it.

TiVos have never had a 'reminder' as it is really not needed.

Just because you do not use or feel the need to have reminders does not mean others (and from the number of posts the majority) do not want it.

Just because Tivo never had a reminder 10 years ago doesn't mean it can't have one now. You really need to move with the times:smileywink:

I certainly don't want to record and watch later a live event (yesterdays F1 Grand Prix as an example, who would have predicted a two hour delay and a change in channel) so for you to keep repeating your mantra of "just record everything and watch it later" is pointless. I am quite capable of deciding what I want to record and watch later and what I want to watch live.

Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
karnka

There have been plenty of TiVo models in the states in the last ten years and they have never had a reminder.

You do realise you actually have to be sitting at the tele, essentially waiting for a reminder for it to work. Therefore you either watch too much tele or you're already aware that your reminder might be coming up...
Please use plain text.
Good to Know
MattF

[ Edited ]

karnka wrote:
There have been plenty of TiVo models in the states in the last ten years and they have never had a reminder.

You do realise you actually have to be sitting at the tele, essentially waiting for a reminder for it to work. Therefore you either watch too much tele or you're already aware that your reminder might be coming up...

LOL looks like the mods have spare time on their hands - suffice to say there are many features that were on V+ that people thought were good and would like implemented on Tivo - its not up to you or others to argue that we are wrong to want to see those features incorporated because 'Tivo never had them'

Mods - If your rude enough to delete a post that was clearly tongue in cheek, at least have the courtesy to inform the poster that you have taken that action - with a explanation.

Please use plain text.
Boffin
greybeard

[ Edited ]
LOL looks like the mods have spare time on their hands - suffice to say there are many features that were on V+ that people thought were good and would like implemented on Tivo - its not up to you or others to argue that we are wrong to want to see those features incorporated because 'Tivo never had them'

Mods - If your rude enough to delete a post that was clearly tongue in cheek, at least have the courtesy to inform the poster that you have taken that action - with a explanation.

Was there any doubt why it was deleted? Isn't replying to posts calling the poster names without any debate the height of discourtesy. Not the first time you have done it either. Surely we are all adult enough to have an intelligent debate? :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
MattF

greybeard wrote:

Was there any doubt why it was deleted? Isn't replying to posts calling the poster names without any debate the height of discourtesy. Not the first time you have done it either. Surely we are all adult enough to have an intelligent debate? :smileywink:

Hmm, but patronising people is fine as per karnka's last post in this thread? Fanboi isnt a rude or derogatory word by any standard i am aware of.

Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
karnka

Sigh.

I wasn't pleased with your reply. It wasn't a friendly/jokey tone imo.

This forum in general seems very angry.
Please use plain text.
Wizard
Jayceef1

greybeard wrote:

But then surely we are all adult enough to know when something is clearly said in hunour as opposed to a direct insult.

Please use plain text.