Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
One to Watch
mym72

Tivo pixelation?

[ Edited ]

My Tivo box has been having really bad pixelation for about 3 hours now, service status says nothing is wrong in the area and I have tried to reset the box and still problems. Any suggestions? I had a 3db attenuator attached to the box took it off and it seemed to get a little better but still getting bouts of pixelation.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
PrinterElf

Re: Tivo pixelation?

Hi mym72,

What did the Faults team say when you rang this through on 150?

Loc: PR4 1, TV: XL+SkyHD, BB: 100Mbps
2x 1TB TiVo: {15.3.1.RC3-VMC-2-C00}
SuperHub: R37 {Modem mode}
I don't work for VM, and I don't plan to!
Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread (or if you're feeling brave, RTFM! :smileywink:)
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos + button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Craig_D

Hi myvm72

Sorry to hear about the pixelation of your TiVo services, I've located your account and tested it. I can see some signal issues on the line and we'd like to get an engineer out to take a closer look.

I've sent you a PM with information regarding this, if you could let me know when you get it that would be excellent.

Regards

Craig

Craig
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
mym72

Hi thanks for getting intouch. I have replied to your PM.

Can I just mention that it seems to have sorted itself out and seems to have been working fine all day. yesterday seemed to have been a one off.

Would it still be advisable to have an engineer come out and have a look still or wait and see if the problem comes back and report it again and get someone out?

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
mym72

Hi printer,

I didn't call 150 thought I would post on here and see what was said first. if it had of got any worse I would have given them a call. but it got a little better by about 11pm and today no problems at all
Please use plain text.
Brainbox
maadjones99

Pixellation suggests an SNR issue which will be frequency specific. This means it can affect some channels and not others. Has it gone form the channels you first spotted it on? the absence of it on other channels is not assurance that the issue has gone.

Please use plain text.