Fresh as a Daisy
Edinburgh5

Tivo - not connecting.........

Had Tivo installed this lunchtime, wouldn't connect and after 6 attempts engineer said to keep trying and it would work, left to carry out other jobs.

7 hours later still not connecting, called 150 and they said there was a problem with new installations and it would be back on tonight - sometime...

Why if there are Tivo problems are VM installing the boxes and making existing customers unhappy??  let's hope it works within the next 4 hours

One unhappy new Tivo user - still haven't got past the welcome screen yet!  wow - and just read the newspaper ads saying how fantastic it is! Not for me so far ;-(

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
jfretter

Re: Tivo - not connecting.........

We also have had a Tivo box installed today at 11.30am...  and exactly the same circumstances...  It is now 9.50pm  and..  still not connected...

Tried phoning Customer Services, Install team...  passed from pillar to post  with no joy.

We have no disconnected it and returned to old box...  which works fine...

Bloody useless....

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Cheryl_L

Hi All,

This has been raised as an issue with Tivo USA on ticket 1657080 and is currently under investigation This affecting new installs and existing customers.

Thanks

Cheryl

Cheryl_L
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Edinburgh5

After another call to VM they inform me that Tivo network issue will not be rectified until 5th July! so anyone getting it installed (means plugged in really) today will be VERY unhappy!

Just plug old box back in and wait and have to install it yourself...... fantastic service VM (thumbs down button if I had one)

Please use plain text.
Superuser
dannylau

I just checked my box (not a new install) and it says connection was sucsesfull this morning.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
jfretter

24 later and  -  yes, you've guessed it....

It's still not working....

TiVo faults haven't got a clue what is going on...

Can't send an engineer until  FRIDAY 8th JULY  !!   Now that's what I call good customer service...

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Cheryl_L

Hi All,

As above this is a national issue with network connection and has been raised as an issue with Tivo USA on ticket 1657080 and is currently under investigation This affecting new installs and existing customers.

This will not affect all customers but will affect the majority

Thanks

Cheryl

Cheryl_L

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Edinburgh5

Hi

My Tivo is still never connected since installing on Friday - are there any further updates or answers as to when it will actually work?
Thanks
Miss L McGillivray
Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
Darren_E

Edinburgh5,

Apologies issue has not yet been resolved, We have no further update to provide other than issue is with our product support team who continue to investigate.

Hopefully we will will have information to give tomorrow when full business support is available.

Cheers

Darren E

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
G4DDS

Cheryl_L wrote:

Hi All,

As above this is a national issue with network connection and has been raised as an issue with Tivo USA on ticket 1657080 and is currently under investigation This affecting new installs and existing customers.

This will not affect all customers but will affect the majority

Thanks

Cheryl

I obviously must be lucky then. Had a successful connection everyday (I have been checking the past few days since I saw these issues being reported) and my last connection was an hour ago and I have a program guide populated till Saturday 16th July.

West Midlands, Dudley area if that helps the diagnostic teams.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: VIP 120Mb BB, XXL Phone, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement
Equipment: Super Hub 1, V+, 1Tb TiVo, Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B, Panasonic Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
Please use plain text.