Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Boffin
Bigwilkey

Tivo/Xbox One Compatible?

If anyone watched the conference on xbox one you can actually change channels using the Xbox, could a mod comment on wether this is going to work with Virgins Tivo? Think its called pass through?

Regards

VMG300 Most Reliable Modem To Come From Virgin Media, twitch.tv/bigwilkey youtube.com/bigwilkey twitter.com/Bigwilkey
Please use plain text.
Superuser
PrinterElf

Re: Tivo/Xbox One Compatible?

I'm pretty sure that VM TiVo doesn't support HDMI CEC, which is what would be needed to allow this functionality to work.

Loc: PR4 1, TV: XL+SkyHD, BB: 100Mbps
2x 1TB TiVo: {15.3.1.RC3-VMC-2-C00}
SuperHub: R37 {Modem mode}
I don't work for VM, and I don't plan to!
Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread (or if you're feeling brave, RTFM! :smileywink:)
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos + button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

we dont have android support yet, 6 months late, no chance we will get this
No longer registered
Please use plain text.
Boffin
Bigwilkey

[ Edited ]

Oh great yet another let down from one of the leading tv and broadband providers! will wait for an official mod to comment cheers Peeps!

VMG300 Most Reliable Modem To Come From Virgin Media, twitch.tv/bigwilkey youtube.com/bigwilkey twitter.com/Bigwilkey
Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
deans6571

[ Edited ]

Here is some info I have shamefully cut and pasted from the Xbox forums (who are talking about the various tv capabilitites of the XboxOne):

They'd still need an Internet provider. While one day it may be possible to drop the box, the cable industry is not giving up the rental fees without a fight. So far, they're winning that fight.

Cable will not give up the monthly fee on a piece of equipment that is paid for within 8 months. You will still need a box. Newer boxes support HDMI-CEC, meaning the 360 can control the box without the need for clumsy IR blasters. Hopefully, MS can work with cable providers and box manufacturers to make playback of DVR'ed content seamless, though that's probably not a Day One feature. If we're being super-optimistic, there may come a day where either a traditional box with remote is not required at all, or a box is still required but MS cuts a deal for IP TV (Verizon and I think Comcast already provide some channels to the 360 as IP TV streams).

Note that TiVo does not support HDMI-CEC on ANY of its current offerings. If your friends have TiVos with CableCARDs, they'll need to use an IR blaster (unless TiVo changes something). That will be far slower than the live demonstration given by Microsoft at the reveal.

(P'.S. I have changed the font and colour of all the text above however this change ONLY shows when I preview my post and does NOT show when I actually post this message - WHY????)

Tavis75

Presumeably MS could implement control of the TiVo over ethernet easily enough, so might see that happening due to the popularity of TiVo in America, which would mean that it would work over here as well as AFAIK the ethernet control protocols are identical on the US and VM TiVos.

TBH though the TV control features of the X-Box sound like a slightly pointless gimmick that you might use once to see if they work and then never bother with again.

Please use plain text.