Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Crafty
Tippadog

Tivo Volume Control

I have just had the tivo box fitted and the volume on the remote control does not turn the volume up or down on the tivo box even tho the lights flash on both the remote and the tivo box. I am not trying to get it to control the tv sound just the sound from the box

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
ozsat

Re: Tivo Volume Control

I don't think there is a volume control on the box - you set your tv remote codes on the TiVo remote and the TiVo handset then does the volume controls on your tv.

---
TiVo (MRS)
152Meg BB
Sky 3D/Anytime+
VM Telephone
Please use plain text.
Good to Know
Sarge

Correct, the volume on the tivo remote works your TV or AV volume. Surprised the tech didn't set it for your TV on install.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
PrinterElf

Tippadog wrote:

I have just had the tivo box fitted and the volume on the remote control does not turn the volume up or down on the tivo box even tho the lights flash on both the remote and the tivo box. I am not trying to get it to control the tv sound just the sound from the box

I had exactly the same issue and I've resigned myself to the fact that the TiVo is set on full volume, the TV has to be turned right down, yet for all the other input sources I have to turn them right up! Very annoying!

Loc: PR4 1, TV: XL+SkyHD, BB: 100Mbps
2x 1TB TiVo: {15.3.1.RC3-VMC-2-C00}
SuperHub: R37 {Modem mode}
I don't work for VM, and I don't plan to!
Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread (or if you're feeling brave, RTFM! :smileywink:)
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos + button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Please use plain text.
Crafty
Tippadog

The only problem with the tivo remote controlling the tv is I don't use the tv's main speakers I use the headphone jack for pillow speakers so to turn the headphone volume up and down I have to go into the tv menu and select headphone volume every time. The old hd box allowed me to simply turn the hd+ volume up n down. Oh well it looks like technology has taken a back seat lol. I'm disabled and bedridden much of the time so it's annoying when my brain wants to turn the volume up/down but my hands don't want to comply lol. It also means I have to suffer the stupid go compare adverts grrrrrrr
Please use plain text.