Clever-clogs
horromark
Helpful Answer

Tivo USB Port on 500GB Box

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone,

Apologies if this has already been asked (I've Searched & Searched), How/is there any way of using the USB port on the 500gb Tivo box, E.g. -To watch or view stuff saved on a memory stick.

I have had TIVO installed now for 3 days, up to now I am Very Impressed :manvery-happy: , I have opted to keep my V+HD box, and had it put in the second room (For the Mrs & Kids lol).

I have taken a 1 hour show from the V+HD box onto a USB mem stick, I have plugged this in the TIVO box hoping to find an Input interface somewhere I could watch this back, But I am stuck.

I could just go and search for the programme in On demand somewhere, But I am a stubborn person and would rather do it this way:mantongue: just to see if it can be done.

My only Niggles or confusion with TIVO atm is: Any SD channels volume is 100% louder than an HD channel, Total reverse of the V+HD box

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
flyingmonkeyuk

Re: Tivo USB Port on 500GB Box

The only thing the USB port will do is power a USB device - just as with the V+ box.

Nick

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
horromark

Thanks for your answer:manwink:, I have just realised after copying 10 hours of programmes to the (What I thought was the) 8GB USB stick, I run through the "Copy to DVD/VCR routine in V+ Extras thinking it had gone to that, I have just checked the data on the USB on the laptop, and yep..... You guessed it..... Absolutely nothing there :manmad:, What a Plum I am.

Guess I'll have to do it the easy way!

Thanks anyway

Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
dustysettler

The Tivo box is capable of using the USB device, but in Virgins hands it is for service use only. I have had the Tivo box for 4 days now, and feel more and more disastisfied with it the more I find out. It is full of bugs and is not fully functional yet. Personally I feel the box does little more than my V+ box but is jammed with lists iin preperation for what it could do, making navigation longer.

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
gerald63

[ Edited ]

dustysettler wrote:

The Tivo box is capable of using the USB device, but in Virgins hands it is for service use only. I have had the Tivo box for 4 days now, and feel more and more disastisfied with it the more I find out. It is full of bugs and is not fully functional yet. Personally I feel the box does little more than my V+ box but is jammed with lists iin preperation for what it could do, making navigation longer.

You do realize you are replying to a 9 month old thread ?  because the USB port are for USB keyboards and the USB bluetooth dongle for the US Slide remote.

It has been like that since the 15.2 update in November.

________________________________________________________________________________

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer.
Please use plain text.