Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
paulmking

Tivo - Email, App & Warning Message (Support Team Questions)

Hi Tivo Support Team

Day One - with my new Tivo STB, I've been a customer for 17yrs and just upgraded from V+.

1) No warning message when swapping channels or pressing the stop button whilst in Delay TV?

2) No Interactive Email, V+ has Chat & Email - will this return?

3) Facebook App disappointing - will future developments allow full Facebook functionality to view/edit/delete text comments on My Wall and others, similar to what you would expect when surfing Facebook?

Other functionality of the Tivo works well and the user interface is great giving a fresh look and new feel to navigation through the menus.

Keep the updates coming!!!

Regards

Paul

Please use plain text.
Crafty
abductedcraig

Re: Tivo - Email, App & Warning Message (Support Team Questions)

"V+ has chat and email"

Where? I have never seen it.

My Virgin Services.... 2 x Tivo TV boxes, 1 V+HD TV box, TV XL, BB 60mb, SuperHub 2, Phone.
Please use plain text.
The Sorter
Luisa_B

Hi,

At present I can't answer those questions, and would need to refer your question on to someone to look at.

Once I have further info I will post back.

Thanks,

Luisa B

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please don't send issues directly to the forum team by private message unless they've asked you to send them more details. Please post on the forum if you have a problem you want the community's help with.

Please use plain text.
paulmking

[ Edited ]

@ abductedcraig

You will find in under "Interactive"

Please use plain text.
Crafty
abductedcraig

Cheers Paul :smileywink:

My Virgin Services.... 2 x Tivo TV boxes, 1 V+HD TV box, TV XL, BB 60mb, SuperHub 2, Phone.
Please use plain text.
paulmking

[ Edited ]

Hi,

At present I can't answer those questions, and would need to refer your question on to someone to look at.

Once I have further info I will post back.

Thanks,

Luisa B

Help & Support Forum Team

Hi Tivo Support Team - Any news yet?

Questions:

1) No warning message when swapping channels or pressing the stop button whilst in Delay TV?

3) Facebook App disappointing - will future developments allow full Facebook functionality to view/edit/delete text comments on My Wall and others, similar to what you would expect when surfing Facebook?

Paul

Please use plain text.
Superuser
PrinterElf

paulmking wrote:

Questions:

Paul

1) I can see there might be a need if you're switching to a channel that's not currently cached, but I'm assuming it's been deemed there's no need when pressing 'Stop' in Delay TV because the channel is cached anyway. Unless you were watching right on the earliest point in the buffer, in which case you couldn't pause to start with.

2) I'll join the club in saying I had no idea this existed on V+HD!

3) There's no point in putting out a full FB app without a QWERTY remote, so can they concentrate on a UK version of the Slide first please :smileyhappy:

Loc: PR4 1, TV: XL+SkyHD, BB: 100Mbps
2x 1TB TiVo: {15.3.1.RC3-VMC-2-C00}
SuperHub: R37 {Modem mode}
I don't work for VM, and I don't plan to!
Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread (or if you're feeling brave, RTFM! :smileywink:)
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos + button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Please use plain text.