Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Bright Spark
Tom41

TiVo recordings stutter/freeze in certain places

For the past couple of days, I've noticed that some of my TiVo recordings will start stuttering or freezing on playback. The issue always happens at the same point in the recording, which leads me to believe it's some kind of damaged sector on the hard disk.

Occasionally I can skip past the bad segment and watch the rest of the recording; other times it thinks I've reached the end of the recording and offers to delete it.

Tried all the usual things like restarting the TiVo box, making sure the vents aren't covered and such - problem still there. Anyone else had problems like this?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
PrinterElf

Re: TiVo recordings stutter/freeze in certain places

Hi Tom41,

Nothing that I can recall, though it would be worth getting your box looked at remotely by ringing the Faults team on 150. If it turns out it's the box then you can get it replaced.

Though I would suggest starting watching any old recordings just in case!

Loc: PR4 1, TV: XL+SkyHD, BB: 100Mbps
2x 1TB TiVo: {15.3.1.RC3-VMC-2-C00}
SuperHub: R37 {Modem mode}
I don't work for VM, and I don't plan to!
Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread (or if you're feeling brave, RTFM! :smileywink:)
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos + button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
apacketofsweets

You could try performing a factory reset on the box, this might fix the issues you're having. Home > Help and Settings > Clear or Reset TiVo box should let you do this.

Failing that, it's going to be either a hard drive issue or a tuner problem, so you'd have to either call up or wait for one of the forum mods to take a look into it for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I work for Virgin Media, all posts here are my own views, written in my own time. My advice should not be taken as gospel, I could be wrong. Please don't PM me if you require an official VM reponse.
Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Collette_T

Hello Tom41,

Sorry to hear your recordings are playing back well. I would like to help, can you please send me a private message with your full address?

Regards,

Collette
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!

Please use plain text.