Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
woodstok

TIVO To PC

I've just had to move at short notice to a non-virgin area. I spoke to VM tech support, who advised I could copy my TiVo programmes to a pc using an Ethernet cable. I've tried everything I can think of, and searched the hoards here, and it seems this isn't actually possible. Anyone got any advice/ideas how I can get these programs back?
Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
sjp123

Re: TIVO To PC

bearer of bad news time...

not remotely possible, all you can do is play your recorded programmes, in real time, to a DVD recorder plugged into the scart socket.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
PrinterElf

Also, if you've completed the move you should no longer have your TiVo anyway!

Loc: PR4 1, TV: XL+SkyHD, BB: 100Mbps
2x 1TB TiVo: {15.3.1.RC3-VMC-2-C00}
SuperHub: R37 {Modem mode}
I don't work for VM, and I don't plan to!
Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread (or if you're feeling brave, RTFM! :smileywink:)
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos + button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Please use plain text.
Superuser
dannylau

And the Tivo won't boot without a cable connection

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
ocav

When I moved, I had a days leeway without a cable connection and I could boot my Tivo fine...

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
woodstok

Again, according to the tech support people. We've got six weeks to return the equipment - however considering everything else they told us had been wrong, it wouldn't surprise me to get a knock on the door!
Please use plain text.