Brainbox
2006kuredu

Save Tivo Settings with Virgin not the box

Hi All,

I dont know if its possible, but wouldnt it be so much better if Virgin stored my thumbs up / thumbs down preferences etc so when the box resets itself or gets replaced I dont have to go through the whole process again.

Imagine if Tivo worked properly, a couple of years of thumbs up / thumbs down... lots of good suggestions... the box dies and you have to start again!

I dont know anything about how Virgin works but is there no way they could link these preferences to your account?!

Please use plain text.
Superuser
PrinterElf

Re: Save Tivo Settings with Virgin not the box

2006kuredu wrote:

Hi All,

I dont know if its possible, but wouldnt it be so much better if Virgin stored my thumbs up / thumbs down preferences etc so when the box resets itself or gets replaced I dont have to go through the whole process again.

Imagine if Tivo worked properly, a couple of years of thumbs up / thumbs down... lots of good suggestions... the box dies and you have to start again!

I dont know anything about how Virgin works but is there no way they could link these preferences to your account?!

I think it's TiVo who store the data. The problem is that in order to comply with data protection it's anonymised from their perspective (It'll probably be related to the MAC address of the box), the only people who can link your MAC address and account are VirginMedia. That would require a link between the two, which I'm not sure they're allowed to make.

Loc: PR4 1, TV: XL+SkyHD, BB: 100Mbps
2x 1TB TiVo: {15.3.1.RC3-VMC-2-C00}
SuperHub: R37 {Modem mode}
I don't work for VM, and I don't plan to!
Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread (or if you're feeling brave, RTFM! :smileywink:)
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos + button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Please use plain text.
Superuser
dannylau

I'd be happy if you could save your series links wishlists and thumbsup/down to a USB stick

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
2006kuredu

I think we would all like a solution to this in some way

Personally I dont mind there been a link between Tivo / Virgin to identify me if it saves me extra work when a box is swapped out

Please use plain text.