Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
The Troubleshooter
gerald63

Re: Red button will be with us before April.

[ Edited ]

BenMcr wrote:

ladaman wrote:

What do you mean by itv red button dose not exsist on sky , i dont understand that im in work now and my mate has sky and he just said that he has the red button service i know thats sky but we cant even access that  

ITV stopped the Red Button service on all TV platforms, including Sky, on the 31st of January.

http://www.itv.com/itvinteractive/

ITV no longer offers a Red Button service behind its channels on the Sky or Virgin TV services, following closure of the service on 31st January 2012.

Thank you to all those viewers who used and supported the services. ITV will continue to offer viewers the ability to enter competitions and vote via the other platforms of landlines, SMS, mobile phones and online.

It would not surprise me if we see a ITV App on TiVo in the near future.

ITV have said " With the arrival of connected TV services, interactivity is entering an exciting new era and we are looking at ways that we can embrace that opportunity in a commercially sustainable way.”

http://informitv.com/news/2011/12/04/skytocease/

________________________________________________________________________________

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer.
Please use plain text.
Wizard
ladaman

I see what you mean I didn't know that mate , they must be going to launch something new

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
gerald63

ladaman wrote:

they must be going to launch something new

That is what i think.

________________________________________________________________________________

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer.
Please use plain text.
Crafty
Tod55

[ Edited ]

Begining to wonder if they can do red button at all.  I wonder if "by end of March" becomes sometime in April, then May.....

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

Tod55 wrote:

Begining to wonder if they can do red button at all.  I wonder if "by end of March" becomes sometime in April, then May.....

Sky Sports Red button has already launched, so yes TiVo can do it. BBC Red Button launch is up to the BBC as much as it is Virgin

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Wizard
ladaman

Ben vm did say it would be lunched in april

Please use plain text.
Crafty
Tod55

[ Edited ]

ladaman wrote:

Ben vm did say it would be lunched in april

As well as "by the end of March" I think they said it would launch November last year too, but hey! :/

Please use plain text.