Making Waves
DarrenCollins

Red Lights on TiVo Box

As the Subject headers says, im getting red lights on my box and it keeps cycling the "system starting up" message, and then restarts, which is followed by what seems all of the red lights coming on. 

I have unplugged the box for 10 minutes with no success is there anything else i can do as i had stuff saved on the hard-drive for my children which i fear is now gone :smileysad: 

what are my options if it is the box? the box is only around 2 months old. 

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Alan-89

Re: Red Lights on TiVo Box

[ Edited ]

Call up and speak with TiVo faults, they'll get a tech booked out, he may try and fix it however it sounds like you'll just get a replacement.

They'll be no cost to you as the box is Virgin Media property.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
PrinterElf

Hi DarrenCollins,

Can you confirm whether there are any other lights flashing on the box, and whether the coax cable is screwed in as tight as possible (more than just hand-tightened) into the back of the box.

Loc: PR4 1, TV: XL+SkyHD, BB: 100Mbps
2x 1TB TiVo: {15.3.1.RC3-VMC-2-C00}
SuperHub: R37 {Modem mode}
I don't work for VM, and I don't plan to!
Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread (or if you're feeling brave, RTFM! :smileywink:)
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos + button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
DarrenCollins

Hi, Thanks for the replys, there is 2 red follow by a green and then 4 red. i left it off all night and its still doing the same thing so it looks like a tech call out :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Superuser
PrinterElf

It does look like a tech call out is needed. Are any of the lights flashing at all?

Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread (or if you're feeling brave, RTFM! :smileywink:)
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos + button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
mpbaz

my box is starting and then restarting lights come on and go off they dont flash it goes to two green then starts all over again

Please use plain text.
Superuser
PrinterElf

Definitely ring it through if you haven't already.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
mpbaz

Thank you I rang it through and they cahnged the box 2 days later 2 DAYS!!!!

Please use plain text.