Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
One to Watch
shemeckfrac

Recording from TV Guide does not work

I got brand new Tivo box installed by Virgin couple days ago.

I followed the simple instructions to record single showing from TV guide, but nothing gets recorded (in My Shows):

- went to TV Guide selected the future program 

- pressed R and selected 'Record this showing'. The 'R' letter showed against this program in the TV Guide (so far so good).

- turned off Tivo box by pressing the green start/stop button, the one to the left of Home button.

- a day after the showing has run I turned on Tivo box with the green start/stop button

- went to My Shows & Recording / My Shows

- the showing I was trying to record was NOT there (also checked all subfolders: Suggestions, Recently Deleted). 

- repeated the steps above several times for different programs. It didn't work.

Am I missing something? Please help.

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
Mick_R

Re: Recording from TV Guide does not work

Hi shemeckfrac,

Sorry about this, firstly no, your not missing everything you seem to have followed all the steps correctly.

Can I ask you to go to live TV (Any channel you subscribe to will do) and press the record button on the remote, after selecting it to record can you check if a red light shows up on the front of the TiVo box.

Cheers

Mick

Mick R
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Crafty
Opebble

OK I may be being incredibly stupid but switching off most electronic devices does stop them doing anything? Or isn't this the "normal" meaning of switching off?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
dannylau

Opebble wrote:

OK I may be being incredibly stupid but switching off most electronic devices does stop them doing anything? Or isn't this the "normal" meaning of switching off?

Sounds like he put it into stanby, the tivo should still record

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
Mick_R

I believe it was only in standby, you can't switch it off from the mains with the button on the remote.

Cheers

Mick

Mick R

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
shemeckfrac

As I said I pressed the green button on the left of home (manual refers to it as 'Standby'), so when I said 'I turn TIVO off' it meant putting it on standby.

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
shemeckfrac

Mick;

Just confirmed that recording of Live TV works fine: red light comes on and the recorded program can be found in My Shows. But recording from TV Guide does not (as described in original post).

Please use plain text.
Superuser
dannylau

Go to recording hiccups and see if you can see why the show wasn't recorded, also has you EPG fully populated ie how many days can you look ahead to what's on?

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
shemeckfrac

Hickups folder is empty. EPG seems to populate quite far ahead. As a test I tried to record shows 5-10 min from current time and some 1-2 hrs ahead. No difference. Nothing is recorded.

Fyi, I used HUMAX in the past so I'm not so newbie to the concepts of recording. 

Are there any known problems of this nature with TIVO boxes?

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Robert_W

Hi shemeckfrac,

Cheers, did you try pressing the record button during a currently playing programme as requested by Mick_R

Thanks

Robert Ward

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

Please use plain text.