Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Emerging Talent
rythmix
Helpful Answer

Quick way to delete?

Hi, is there a quick way to delete from "my shows"? pressing the yellow button on the V+ was simple, yet with Tivo you seemingly have to go into each one and press right a couple of times to delete!

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
KathG

Re: Quick way to delete?

You can use the Clear button to delete from the My shows menu. Do be careful though as you do not get a confirm window. By pressing the clear button a little X appears on the program you want to delete and then just dissapears.

Of course I am saying to be careful but our deleted programs do go into a delete folder in case we make a mistake,

Regards

Kath

Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
Scott_C

Hi rythmix,

The path you are currently taking is the only route for selective deleting of recorded programmes. A mass delete could be carried out via "Settings" and "Clear or Reset Set Top Box" then select "Clear and Delete Everything" but this will result in everything be removed from the box including series links and suggestions etc and may take up to 1 hour to complete.

Regards

Scott_C
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker
Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
joejordaney

sorry but VM dont know what they are talking about.  if you want to delete a whole series hightlight it and press the clear button on your remote, it will then do a mass delete of episodes, hope that helps

Please use plain text.
Superuser
dannylau

I think formatting the box to clear recorded programs is a bit overkill

Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
UNKNOWN

I know deleting a program can be very slow using the clear button but it's nice to know that the official VM solution involves deleting everything, taking up to an hour :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Wizard
stomachmuscle

[ Edited ]

Scott_C...You're wrong in saying that that is the ONLY way.  By far the easier way is what other posters have said - simply select either an individual programme or a whole folder and press CLEAR.

Something's wrong at the top when VM staff post such a howler in answer to a customer's query.

rythmix should remove the Kudos to Scott_C and give it to Kath_G

Please use plain text.