Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Bright Spark
blood

My Virgin media contract

Not sure where to post this... how do I find out how long I have left on my current VM contract?

Cheers

Stephen

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
Stepheninleeds

Re: My Virgin media contract

[ Edited ]

Whatever service you get is usually 1 year, but not always, as an example. TiVo is 18 months. Each service with Virgin could be different, depending on if you took them out together or not. Best thing to do is ask them.

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
gerald63

[ Edited ]

Stepheninleeds wrote:

Whatever service you get is usually 1 year, but not always, as an example. TiVo is 18 months. Each service with Virgin could be different, depending on if you took them out together or not. Best thing to do is ask them.

Tivo is now 12 months for existing customers.

________________________________________________________________________________

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer.
Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
Stepheninleeds

Why then was I told it is 18 months? Do not answer that, I know the answer, we all know the answer. Shame VM do not know any answers.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
macap47

Yes, they do seem to fall down on some communication, i'm having my Tivo installed tomorrow but still havent received any letter as stated in their email......hope they turn up!

Mark

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
Stepheninleeds

I have never received anything from VM other than bills & sales material.
Please use plain text.
The Sorter
jethrouk

[ Edited ]

blood wrote:

Not sure where to post this... how do I find out how long I have left on my current VM contract?

VM????

:smileysurprised:)

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
jr-roberts

A recent call to Virgin - which ended in me threatening to leave based on a pricing mess up - the rep mentioned about the contract I had received in the post.

I never received any contract in the post for my Tivo! (I never in fact received anything once they had taken my order on the phone).

If I have no written contract, does this mean I may not be bound to any minimum term? I placed a verbal order for Tivo over the phone, no mention to me of contract length.

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
Stepheninleeds

Well technically the answer is yes, but proving that could be difficult if they decided to challenge you. Legally a verbal contract is still a contract. The paperwork is just a confirmation. However, with VM you also enter into a credit contract as for services provided, which they take in advance. Therefore, you should have to sign such a contract, & have a legal cooling off period.
Please use plain text.
Brainbox
jonesp37

Although it is worth remembering, that if you want to leave them based on problems, pricing issues, wrongful charges, lack of service, etc... then you have every right. Like any contract, they cannot expect you to just blindly and happily pay month after month without fail while they fail to uphold their end of their promises.

Please use plain text.