Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
The Sorter
deans6571
Helpful Answer

My Shows - Recording Synbols?

When looking at the various recordings within the 'My Shows' screen, I notice that there are 2 different symbols next to some of my recordings. 

Some of my recordings have an 'R' with a circle around it and the triangular 'play' symbol next to it whilst other recordings have the same 'R' symbol with the circle around it but have a 'padlock' symbol instead of the 'play' symbol. 

Can someone let me know what these 2 symbols mean as I can't see any difference between these recordings? I initially thought that the 'padlocked' ones are locked until I delete them but I am pretty sure that I have set ALL my recordings to be kept until i delete?! 

sjp123

Re: My Shows - Recording Synbols?

deans6571 wrote:

When looking at the various recordings within the 'My Shows' screen, I notice that there are 2 different symbols next to some of my recordings. 

Some of my recordings have an 'R' with a circle around it and the triangular 'play' symbol next to it whilst other recordings have the same 'R' symbol with the circle around it but have a 'padlock' symbol instead of the 'play' symbol. 

Can someone let me know what these 2 symbols mean as I can't see any difference between these recordings? I initially thought that the 'padlocked' ones are locked until I delete them but I am pretty sure that I have set ALL my recordings to be kept until i delete?! 

padlock = KUID, no padlock = not KUID, any show with a play arrowhead can be set to KUID by going into the show and heading for the bottom option and selecting Keep Until.

and, just in case, the hour glass does not mean that your shows WILL be deleted within x days/hours but MAY be deleted, as long as you keep watching and deleting any hour glass marked shows should be safe.

Please use plain text.
The Sorter
deans6571

sjp123 wrote:

deans6571 wrote:

padlock = KUID, no padlock = not KUID, any show with a play arrowhead can be set to KUID by going into the show and heading for the bottom option and selecting Keep Until.

and, just in case, the hour glass does not mean that your shows WILL be deleted within x days/hours but MAY be deleted, as long as you keep watching and deleting any hour glass marked shows should be safe.

Perfect - cheers sjp :smileywink:

deans6571

Sorry - just had a thought!!!! Is there any way I can set the TiVo to default to KUID for all future one off recordings? 

sjp123

deans6571 wrote:

Sorry - just had a thought!!!! Is there any way I can set the TiVo to default to KUID for all future one off recordings? 

not as a default currently (it's the one setting not given us when the defaults were introduced) but you can at the time of setting the recording.

Please use plain text.