Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
Smoggiepaul

Iplayer problems

whenever I use iplayer, it constantly buffers or stutters. An help/ideas?

Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
Xian

Re: Iplayer problems

[ Edited ]

There are many threads about this already. Have a search through them.

Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
Mr_K

Xian wrote:

There are many threads about this already. Have a search through them.

Err no.  This is a faults forum for people to reports faults,  The OP has reported a fault and should expect action/ an answer from VM.

Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
Xian

I am as frustrated as you, but people should check the many similar posts before endlessly repeating the exact same problem.

Have a look through all the hundreds of similar posts. And then check the complete absence of VM's solutions.

This is a user forum. The action/answer from VM comes from a phone call in the first instance.
Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
Jonga

I'd have to agree here. I think I've posted about this issue 4 or 5 times, though the stream of people posting "Why isn't iPlayer working?" never seems to end.

Perhaps it would help if the VM admins posted a sticky at the top of the forum explaining that there's a known issue and they are looking into it.

Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
Mr_K

[ Edited ]

Jonga wrote:

Perhaps it would help if the VM admins posted a sticky at the top of the forum explaining that there's a known issue and they are looking into it.

Not good for business though, to highlight that one one the main features of TiVo doesn't work and a fix doesn't seem to be possible.  

The fact is the cheaper VHD and V+ boxes are much better for catch up. Even when catch up does work on TiVo does work the PQ is very poor in comparison.to V+/VHD.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Ernie_C

iPlayer on TiVo works well for me and I would suggest for the vast majority of people.

Every person with an issue should, in my opinion, take their case to Virgin Media directly and individually to seek a resolution which is likely either individual to their installation or their local area.

Hoping that there is a generic issue with iPlayer and just sitting around whinging will likely lead to your problem persisting.

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
frank_gm

Mr_K wrote:

Jonga wrote:

Not good for business though, to highlight that one one the main features of TiVo doesn't work and a fix doesn't seem to be possible.  

The fact is the cheaper VHD and V+ boxes are much better for catch up. Even when catch up does work on TiVo does work the PQ is very poor in comparison.to V+/VHD.

Not in my experience. I haven't used it since Christmas but, when I have wanted to use it, I have generally had access immediately and usually in HD with excellent picture quality.

Disclaimer: My forum ranking, Trust Me, I’m a Doctor, is forced upon me by the Forum team. Don't blame me for it.
Maybe, one day, they'll come out with sensible ranking names.
Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
Mr_K

Ernie_C wrote:

Every person with an issue should, in my opinion, take their case to Virgin Media directly and individually to seek a resolution which is likely either individual to their installation or their local area.

Hoping that there is a generic issue with iPlayer and just sitting around whinging will likely lead to your problem persisting.

They are reporting it directly to VM by posting on here; that's what this forum is for.  Just because a fault hasn't been fixed that doesn't mean customers should stop reporting it and it be accepted as 'normal service'.  If VM see fault reporting as 'whinging' that might be half the problem.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Ernie_C

Mr_K wrote:

Ernie_C wrote:

They are reporting it directly to VM by posting on here; that's what this forum is for.  Just because a fault hasn't been fixed that doesn't mean customers should stop reporting it and it be accepted as 'normal service'.  If VM see fault reporting as 'whinging' that might be half the problem.

Perhaps you need to read the header to this forum. You are wrong about the purpose of this forum.

I will quote for you:

Welcome to our Help & Support forum. This is where you can get help from our forum community, share your experiences and your own answers.

This forum is for community based support. If you’ve got a problem with one of our services and need to talk to us directly or it's an urgent problem, pleasecontact us.

Please use plain text.