Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
mondeono1

How to download new apps to the tivo?

Hi everyone,

does anyone know how to download new apps onto the tivo box, i have configured my facebook account but i'm not sure how to add it on the tv?

Any help much appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Boffin
martinrh

Re: How to download new apps to the tivo?

Hi - you can't. Only VM can add apps to the box.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
mondeono1

Thanks for your reply, doesn't that kind of defeat the object of it?  I don't want VM to tell me what apps i can have on my tivo box?!

On a seperate note, how do you link the ebay app with your actual ebay account as there doesn't seem to be any settings?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Superuser
PrinterElf

mondeono1 wrote:

Thanks for your reply, doesn't that kind of defeat the object of it?  I don't want VM to tell me what apps i can have on my tivo box?!

On a seperate note, how do you link the ebay app with your actual ebay account as there doesn't seem to be any settings?

Thanks

Hi Mondeono1,

I think you're misunderstanding slightly - the TiVo box is analogous to yet another phone brand (in addition to Android, iOS, WP7, Symbian, BB, etc...), the interface is written in Flash, and the only apps available for it are ones that have been converted to run on Flash. It's not a case of not choosing to install the Facebook app or any other for that matter, it's a case of it not being available full-stop. When it's been re-written in Flash, then it's going to be available to everyone without having to install it.

From what I can remember it does say somewhere in the ebay app that you can't bid yet. Now that I agree defeats the point!

Hopefully it'll coencide with the rumoured QWERTY remote!

Loc: PR4 1, TV: XL+SkyHD, BB: 100Mbps
2x 1TB TiVo: {15.3.1.RC3-VMC-2-C00}
SuperHub: R37 {Modem mode}
I don't work for VM, and I don't plan to!
Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread (or if you're feeling brave, RTFM! :smileywink:)
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos + button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
mondeono1

Well, this is where i am confused.  I connected my Facebook account via the VM website.  How can this be if they haven't got an app for it yet?

I'm so confused!

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

mondeono1 wrote:

Well, this is where i am confused.  I connected my Facebook account via the VM website.  How can this be if they haven't got an app for it yet?

I'm so confused!

The connection to Facebook is for the Photo Gallery app - it shows your Facebook photos

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Boffin
bcfc123

We will probly see a facebook app in a future update it will  be handy for some people.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
PrinterElf

bcfc123 wrote:

We will probly see a facebook app in a future update it will  be handy for some people.

It'll be handy if we ever get a QWERTY remote!

Loc: PR4 1, TV: XL+SkyHD, BB: 100Mbps
2x 1TB TiVo: {15.3.1.RC3-VMC-2-C00}
SuperHub: R37 {Modem mode}
I don't work for VM, and I don't plan to!
Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread (or if you're feeling brave, RTFM! :smileywink:)
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos + button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
mike_biddell

At the risk of repeating previous replies. The Virgin Tivo box is stitched up like a kipper. Buy a Raspberry pi, which has total flexibility about how and what u use it for.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
ridalyn

Sort of off topic, but I wanted to chime in here. I have a USB wireless Keyboard/Flying Mouse. Out of curiosity I plugged the USB receiver into the USB port on the back of my TiVo Mini and it WORKED! Here is where I got my KB/Mouse/Remote. I love it when I'm doing my movie searches because I can just type in my search instead of scrolling through the alphabet for each letter. If I can ever find out how to install a Facebook APP on my TiVo Box this remote will be very handy.
Please use plain text.