Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Proof’s in the Pudding
Albez

Getting rid of TiVO

As my contract with TiVo is up in April and I will most likely get rid of it, I was wondering if they would try to get me into a new (18month?) contract if I just kept the phone and XL BB?

Also what price would I be looking at for just the phone and XL BB?

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
matt84

Re: Getting rid of TiVO

if you get rid of tv you wont be tied to another contract, however if Virgin provide a special discount or retention offer to your plan when you cancel tv this WILL start another contract. Mention to the Virgin rep you arent looking for a contract and they will only advise offers that wouldn't tie you to them. 

Might be worth hanging on a while as the next gen version of Tivo built by Samsung is due for release this year and is supeior to Cisco attempt. From what im hearing its not that far around the corner

*I am currently a Virgin Media employee however my posts are entirely my own opinion and aren't reflective of Virgin Media the company.
Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

Just get a v+
No longer registered
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
matt84

good point!!! You can get a v+ box now free of charge and without having to tie yourself to a contract to get one either. So you could get an alternative to the tivo if you so wish

*I am currently a Virgin Media employee however my posts are entirely my own opinion and aren't reflective of Virgin Media the company.
Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
vintagemug

most virgin bundles are designed to work out as a "buy two get one free" so if you disconnect your tv you will probably end up paying exactly the same (+/- £2-3) So as previously stated, why not go back to a V+ box? 

Personally why anyone would want to get rid of Tivo, once you "really" start using it, is beyond me (IMHuO)

I don't pretend to know everything... But I do know enough.
Please use plain text.
Boffin
ryan2801

Sacked Tivo, been offered a 12 month contract on phone/BB which I'm debating. Not a bad price but so sick of VM's customer service.

Please use plain text.
Boffin
ryan2801

The buy 2 get 1 free is nonsense. I have a £12 loyalty bonus which has vanished because I wanted to get rid of Tivo and downgrade TV to M+.Was told I'd have to pay £9 more for just the M package with a normal HD box.

VM don't give a stuff about loyalty.

Please use plain text.
cbc
Good to Know
cbc

vintagemug wrote:

Personally why anyone would want to get rid of Tivo, once you "really" start using it, is beyond me (IMHuO)

Couldn't agree more. If a customer has nothing but issues I could understand it but if their experience in terms of reliability is anything like mine, getting rid of it could only be due to not using it enough, not using it properly or not understanding how to use it. I think its 95% utterly brilliant and 5% in need of work but then I have the 1TB box. 

Please use plain text.
Boffin
ryan2801

I can't understand why anyone would want to KEEP their Tivo when it's a beta box at best.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
dannylau

ryan2801 wrote:

I can't understand why anyone would want to KEEP their Tivo when it's a beta box at best.

I can't see why anyone would want to get rid of it, funny old world isn't it

Please use plain text.