A regular II
arrgee1991

Does Tivo have option to output for recording onto external drives?

Although Tivo is great in many ways, particularly the increased storage, one issue is that I now appear to be unable to watch TV while having other programs copied off to a DVD recorder. 

Will tivo be enhanced to provide different output on the scart like the V+ box?

Please use plain text.
A regular I
Gunslinger1

Re: Does Tivo have option to output for recording onto external drives?

As Tivo only has one Scart which replicates what is output on HDMI, this is unlikely.

What would still be nice would be a facility to schedule and backup recordings 'automatically' (as per V+) overnight or when you are out, and not actually watching TV.

Please use plain text.
A regular II
arrgee1991

Re: Does Tivo have option to output for recording onto external drives?

Gunslinger1 wrote:

As Tivo only has one Scart which replicates what is output on HDMI, this is unlikely.

What would still be nice would be a facility to schedule and backup recordings 'automatically' (as per V+) overnight or when you are out, and not actually watching TV.

Just been able to schedule and backup overnight would do.  Had to stay up to watch MOTD last night just to stop the recording :yawn:

With V+ box, I only had HDMI output or first SCART output, so that SCART socket was unsued.  Would be nice to have a setting to have one output on HDMI and one on SCART like V+.  

The other advantage of this would be to not get the press red in the top right on recordings if you forget to

press the clear button.

Please use plain text.