Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
alanbullafc

Data Transfer

Is Data transfer from Tivo Box to another medium possible?

(DVD,Memory Stick etc).

Please use plain text.
Boffin
mrbillshaw

Re: Data Transfer

Data transfer is possible to PC and iMac then onward from there to anywhere or any device you want. Transfer can be done from the TiVo box via ethernet (all you need is an ethernet cable) or by wireless (via a Wireless Adapter or Router).

See "The Bells and some of the Whistles" in the Tivo Forum - Your TiVo Stories.

Any more questions just ask.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
adamsacorn

so is there now no way to copy via scart lead to a video or dvd like there is on a v+ box?

seems a backward step. not everyone wants to watch the same programmes.

Please use plain text.
Boffin
digiflip

maybe if TiVo2go and TiVo desktop is enabled with the ethernet port. will be able to transfer to pc, laptops and maybe mobile phones or ipod/personal media players etc.

Please use plain text.
Boffin
digiflip

I think thats what the media Access code is for to prove that your the owner of TiVo the content originate from.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
adamsacorn

why did nobody tell us when they offered the box? copying to video was so easy. My wfe watches the soaps and i record all the films and watch on my portable with the built in video. And of course the copy to PC facility is not available yet. Very frustrating especially so many other things are really good with the new box

Please use plain text.
Boffin
digiflip

maybe but il prefer TiVo 2 go i think will be digital so should be no loss of quality probs wont allow hd quality know.

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
wbaboy

Is the data transfer by ethernet cable functionality enabled yet? The TIVO isn't showing up in my network.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
cliffc

Hi

This has been coverd in another topic by one on the Virgin guys on here, at this time the Ethernet is not enabled so its not possible to use this to transfer shows from your Tivo to your PC however this feature may be enabled in the future.

CLiff C

Please use plain text.