Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
sirideain

Can I downgrade or cancel? Not Happy!

Hey,

I joined VM back in November when I moved to a cable area. Intrigued by the On-Demand packages available I decided to choose the 50mb Broadband & TV L package. After about 10 or so days of using the service I found out that a lot of the channels I wanted to watch on demand were not available on that package and in order to watch them I would have to upgrade to the XL package. I have now done this, however I'm still not happy with the quality of programming available.

Am I able to cancel the TV part of my package or downgrade to the cheapest option - and keep the broadband - just wondering if there are any penalities for doing so?

Cheers,

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
Stepheninleeds

Re: Can I downgrade or cancel? Not Happy!

Yes you can, but there will be a penalty for this. You can try calling & pressing 5 (Thinking of leaving), see what they are willing to offer you to stay.

Someone can correct me, but I think you can downgrade channel package after a month.
Please use plain text.
Superuser
Swt4ajp

hi

you can cancel at your own leasure when you feel like it but you will have to buy out of the tv contract which depending on the options you chose can be quite hefty.

you can however downgrade to the lowest and keep it there

hope this helps

GamesUnited Community, GamesUnited blog
Please use plain text.
The Sorter
jethrouk

sirideain wrote:

....Am I able to cancel the TV part of my package or downgrade to the cheapest option - and keep the broadband - just wondering if there are any penalities for doing so?

pretty sure you can downgrade your TV service without penalty (albeit you will obviously lose any bundle deal)

youll might have to pay a penalty if you get rid of TV service all together

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
Stepheninleeds

I have checked on this. If you upgrade a TV package without a special deal you can downgrade after 30 days. If you have any special deals you have to keep this for the agreed period, or you pay the full price for any other services you have as you have canceled that bundle.

This from their website: "You must, at a minimum, take all services included in your bundle for your minimum contract term. If you change any part of your bundle, standard prices apply."

"Three months free: Offer ends 31/03/12. May not be used in conjunction with any other offer unless stated by Virgin Media. New customers: When you take a bundle containing TV M+ (or higher tier) and Broadband L (or higher tier) and Phone M with a phone line, you will get first 3 months of that bundle free. 3 months free discount not applicable to Phone L or XL, line rental, premium channels or £3 TiVo monthly charge. Existing customers: Non-TV customers adding TV M+, L or XL will get three months free on that service. Non-BB customers adding BB L, XL or XXL will get three months free on that service. All customers must have, or add, a phone line. Virgin Media reserves the right to withdraw or amend discount if you change any part of your offer package. Standard prices apply after first 3 months (phone, broadband, TV bundles currently start at £20/month)."

"TV General: Catch-up TV content available for 7 days after broadcast. Premium channels and package upgrades must be kept for at least 30 days. Once purchased, all chargeable Like premium channels, you have to keep your Picture Box subscription for 30 days. On Demand content must be viewed within 24 hours. On Demand movies are pay-per-title. Music On Demand is included with TV size: XL or pay-per-video with TV sizes: M and L. TV packs currently exclude some teletext services. To get 3D, you will need a 3D TV, a V HD or V+ HD set-top box (with HD activated), an HDMI cable and 3D glasses that are compatible with the TV."
Please use plain text.