Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
TheHitman

Bush tv aspect ratio problems

Hi all,

I have just got a new Tivo box, & have a Bush tv.

When the tv is in letter box it looks fine but have tried all the settings on the Tivo box to make it full screen, but when in full screen it just looks stretched.

I would just like the screen to look normal when showing in full screen just like it does in letter box.

Any help on this would be grate.

Also, when in press the on button on my bush tv it goes into stand by mode as it always does, but the Tivo remote won't bring it out of standby. I keep having to use my old klicker to do this just as i did before i got tivo.

Would just like to power on my bush tv with Tivo remote but can't which i don't understand, as the volume & all other things work apart from standby.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
PrinterElf

Re: Bush tv aspect ratio problems

Hi TheHitman,

How is your TiVo connected to the TV? Also, what model is it?

TiVo should be set to Panel mode when configured correctly, and then any further settings need to be altered on your TV.

Have you tried holding down the power button on the TiVo remote?

Loc: PR4 1, TV: XL+SkyHD, BB: 100Mbps
2x 1TB TiVo: {15.3.1.RC3-VMC-2-C00}
SuperHub: R37 {Modem mode}
I don't work for VM, and I don't plan to!
Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread (or if you're feeling brave, RTFM! :smileywink:)
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos + button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Please use plain text.
TheHitman

Hi,

My TiVo is connected by scart to Av2 on back of DVD recorder and another scart into Av1 on DVD recorder goes to Av1 on TV.

I did the scart cables like this as this was the only way I could get my dvd player to record a channel I was watching on TiVo in real time.

Don't know the model will need to check that.

Having pressed the on button on the tv it goes into standby, The TiVo box comes out of standby when I press the power button on clicker once but TV remains in standby. Don't know why tivo clicker won't bring tv itself out of standby.

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
sjp123

[ Edited ]

a long press of the TiVo remote power button will do the telly if you've programmed it to control it.

No HDMI on your telly?

the scart cable arrangment you have is what you need to dump shows from your TiVo to your DVD recorder (if that's what it is) in you're interested.

Please use plain text.
TheHitman

I tried a long press of the TiVo remote power button but didn’t bring it out of standby mode, still have to use TV remote.

In the virgin menu it says that a green light will flash on tivo remote when controlling  tv ‘standby, volume, channel’. But it flashes red when holding down standby instead of green.

Still don’t know what is best for screen when I change it from letterbox to full screen, as picture is not distorted in letter box but all other options leave it distorted in full screen mode.  

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
BenD_H

[ Edited ]

Hi TheHitman,

I can see you've got a specific setup there, the display should be set to automatic within the widescreen settings to pick up the required ratio, usually 16:9. 

Just a query, do you get this issue when your only using the Tivo and TV via scart or HDMI?

Thanks 

Ben

Ben Hornsey
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
TheHitman

Hi,

I had this problem using scart before i got the Tivo box.

Whenever i take it out of letter box it is distorted, I have only got round this by having the aspect correction mode on tivo box to Zoom & TV Aspect Ratio to 4.3 Classic but part of the left hand side & part of the bottom gets cut off.

I have always had this problem with this bush tv, it only likes letter box mode for whatever reason.

Any help would be grate.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
PrinterElf

Ah....

What aspect ratio is your TV?

Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread (or if you're feeling brave, RTFM! :smileywink:)
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos + button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Please use plain text.
TheHitman

Hi,

I believe it is 16.9, don't have manual to hand at the moment.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
PrinterElf

What I mean is it's not 4:3?

Please use plain text.