Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
The Troubleshooter
gerald63

Re: BBC iPlayer

[ Edited ]

Will we gets this new BBC iPlayer ?

http://www.newsden.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/new-BBC-iPlayer-redesigned.jpg

We’re also building a variant that will work on new TV devices that are integrating the latest technology from Adobe: Flash 10.x and Air 2.x.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2011/08/bbc_iplayer_connected_tv.html

Hopefully this fixes the current problems.

________________________________________________________________________________

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer.
Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
Mr_K

It'll probably make it worse if it demands more from TiVo.  We don't need all the fancy cobblers, just give us a decent catch up service (i.e. the same as V+/VHD).

Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
mike_gain

Mr_K wrote:

It'll probably make it worse if it demands more from TiVo.  We don't need all the fancy cobblers, just give us a decent catch up service (i.e. the same as V+/VHD).

You must be joking, the V+ iPlayer was horrific.

TiVO's current iPlayer is a massive improvement. However we only have need to use it about once every 2 months or so. Perhaps we have been lucky and have not fallen foul to any issues,

Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
Mr_K

mike_gain wrote:

TiVO's current iPlayer is a massive improvement. However we only have need to use it about once every 2 months or so. Perhaps we have been lucky and have not fallen foul to any issues,

??  V+ doesn't have iplayer.

You must be kidding if you think TiVo is better for catch up.  It takes longer to access, PQ isn't as good and it often cuts off the end of programmes.  If I want to watch anything on catch up I use my VHD box.

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
gerald63

Mr_K wrote:

mike_gain wrote:

Yes it does

________________________________________________________________________________

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer.
Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
Mr_K

It doesn't have the rubbish Iplayer app which is what we were talking about.

Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

Fastforwardings a nightmare on the app
No longer registered
Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
mike_gain

Mr_K wrote:

mike_gain wrote:

You must be kidding if you think TiVo is better for catch up.  It takes longer to access, PQ isn't as good and it often cuts off the end of programmes.  If I want to watch anything on catch up I use my VHD box.

It did when I had a V+.....and it was far too slow and unstable.

In my experience TiVo is miles ahead for catch up/On Demand. Much easier to find what I want.

With your other issues I guess I have just been lucky with the few times I've used the iPlayer. Catch up isn't something we use very much anymore as we have everything recorded.

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Gingernut1949

Yes, I always find when I use iPlayer (did so again last night) and the last minutes of the programme were missed off and I had to watch the rest of the programme on my PC (had to turn it on again).

I'm very impressed by the fact that I can watch iPlayer on my TV from my sofa in comfort rather than sitting upstairs at my desk - but I will be heartily glad when this problem is fixed as it comes as rather a shock when you're watching something good that you forgot to record and suddenly it stops!

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
gerald63

[ Edited ]

Gingernut1949 wrote:

Yes, I always find when I use iPlayer (did so again last night) and the last minutes of the programme were missed of

Hopefully this is fixed in the next update that reminders will be in.

Please use plain text.