Pro II
gary_dexter

Re: 6 Months Free Netflix

BenMcr wrote:

gary_dexter wrote:

So I'm already a Premier subscriber - how do I redeem the offer?

Cheers

via Customer Services

And if I am already a paying Netflix subscriber? Does this also work?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Please use plain text.
Knows the ropes III
mildenhall

Say "I want to say for another 12 months" which is what what I did 6 months ago so can't do it now. I wonder if they'd let me extend my contact each month? (Don't bother answering that one)
Please use plain text.
Knows the ropes III
mildenhall

@Gary

Read your original post and you'll find the answer.
Please use plain text.
Whiz Kid II
paultrademark

I just recontracted last week (within 7 days) so trying to get the Netflix 6 months free trial added but CS say I will loose a £5 Loyalty Discount if I do. Tried to say it says you will loose it on the website, it doesn't.

Im also wanting to upgrade to 120mb from 60mb and he said it would be £12.50 more?

On hold just now, as he is on to the loyalty team apparently!

1TB TiVo, 500GB TiVo, V+,
XL TV, 120MB BB, M Phone
If you like my post or want to thank me, click on the Kudos Star or Mark my answer as helpful
Please use plain text.
Pro II
gary_dexter

mildenhall wrote:
@Gary

Read your original post and you'll find the answer.

Just did that, thanks :smileywink:

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Please use plain text.
Pro II
gary_dexter

paultrademark wrote:

I just recontracted last week (within 7 days) so trying to get the Netflix 6 months free trial added but CS say I will loose a £5 Loyalty Discount if I do. Tried to say it says you will loose it on the website, it doesn't.

Im also wanting to upgrade to 120mb from 60mb and he said it would be £12.50 more?

On hold just now, as he is on to the loyalty team apparently!

It says it here:

Collections: Downgrading a service in your Collection may result in you losing the discount applicable for that Collection. Availability of Collections to existing customers is subject to network capacity in that geographical area. 

But that's only for downgrading, which clearly isn't what you or anyone else would be doing!

Please use plain text.
Whiz Kid II
paultrademark

Upgraded the broadband for £7.50 per month after speaking to a UK based Customer Relations woman, but couldn't get the 6 months free Netflix as it would knock off one of my two £5 discounts I've just had added. 

It was a choice between £5 off for 12 months or 6 months free Netflix @ £5.99 so stuck with the discount.

1TB TiVo, 500GB TiVo, V+,
XL TV, 120MB BB, M Phone
If you like my post or want to thank me, click on the Kudos Star or Mark my answer as helpful
Please use plain text.
A regular III
Jong

[ Edited ]

Yep, it seems Virgin don't want me to extend my contract either!

I'm on an old XL package and switching to the equivalent Premiere package, with all the same details and extras would increase my monthly bill by £4.75. Not worth it for a one off discount on Netflix. Seems there is no way to move me to Premiere for a new 12 month term without increasing my monthly bill, so I'll just have to stay where I am :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Whiz Kid III
mike_gain

As I'm out of contract I feel a call to VM this evening is certainly on the cards. Have been really impressed with Netflix and to get it free for 6 months will be a good deal for our household. 

On top of this I will also have LoveFilm for free till February as I tried to cancel at the weekend but they offered me 3 free months so I took it. 

Please use plain text.
Pro II
gary_dexter

Imagine a higher tiered package costing more a month...
Please use plain text.