Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6 (543 Views)

gamer package

[ Edited ]

does 5 pound extra a month for the gamer package mean if you dont opt for it you will be throttled to make room for the fools that do its beyond a joke . 5 years ago I was playing on halo multiplayer with the old type of adsl connection and did not have the constant lag and connection problems for a fraction of the price I am paying now . In the old halo days I was lucky to get 5 meg  and I played for hours and downloaded as much as I could I am on vivid 150 paying almost 80 pounds a month and am throttled for a service that should be 30 times better will wait till the end of the month then im off ,it could be construed as theft as virgin are not willing or perhaps able to provide a service they have agreed too

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6 (526 Views)

Re: gamer package

it looks like power levels the way you say it copy and paste your power levels http://192.168.0.1/ then Check router status and post it then we all give out a advise on the way to go forward not backwards

Using VIVID 200 Gamer Optical Fibre, Full House TV, Talk More Anytime

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6 (498 Views)

[ Edited ]

if you get 200 gamer package i noticed its only peek hours i losse internet speed i know why now liverpool site is getting upgrades to handle the speeds, traffic and and take up to 6 months if you get this please bare with it.

its everyone on liverpool that is getting slow speeds during peek hours

Using VIVID 200 Gamer Optical Fibre, Full House TV, Talk More Anytime

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Super solver
Message 4 of 6 (479 Views)

Virgin overselling bandwidth, are slow to upgrade it can take a year or so to resolve, despite price increases of way above inflation. If OFCOM had any teeth they would stop them overselling above a small %
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6 (432 Views)

Hi daddyyule, 

Thanks for getting in touch I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection. I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. 

I am having a little trouble seeing your power levels currently. Pop the power levels across to me and we can investigate further:

192.168.0.1 in the browser, log in  Username is admin and the password will be changeme, unless you have changed it.

Go to Advanced settings.

Go to Network Status, copy the results back here.

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Super solver
Message 6 of 6 (370 Views)

Oh and the games package, gives you no speed increase download, no improvement in ping, no priority, but it does give you a faster upload speed, handy for streaming no point in gameplay
0 Kudos