Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 351 of 360
Flag for a moderator

Re: What Games Are You Playing?

Got caught up after work with a random group of people that just got bigger and bigger playing Pokemon go. Ended up between 20-30 of us just walking around doing the Pokemon things.

Really easy to spot people playing Pokemon when you know the stops and what the movements look like.

Some lampposts near our cathedral have got stickers on them declaring them to be team mystic property now as well. It's amazing how social this game has become.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Superuser
Superuser
Message 352 of 360
Flag for a moderator

The college just a minute up the road from me is a pokemon gym, a red team one, it is a college I went to it as a teen. I find it cool that there's two pokestops directly across the street of each other right by me. So depending upon where I stand in my home, it positions me perfectly between them both for free rewards every 5 minutes.

Doesn't seem to be many random pokemon about though ...so far. But at least I can get infinite pokeballs etc while doing my usual stuff at home.

I'm going to be replacing my iphone 4s with a 5s tomorrow, the 4s of mine is showing its age.

Edit: removed extra word.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 353 of 360
Flag for a moderator

Pokémon Go is bad. You wait the press will go into overdrive once a kid goes missing playing it.

The trouble is the Ground work was done by playing Ingress (made by the same company), and all there Portals are now Pokestops, and I my area there are some off the beaten track.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate image removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 354 of 360
Flag for a moderator

RedGooner completely agree all the ground work was done by ingress. Still play it now (ENL) Smiley Very Happy

Bear in mind no game like this is safe. A man died playing ingress trying to get a portal on a lighthouse (which is probably a pokegym now)

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 355 of 360
Flag for a moderator

Ditto I am still playing Ingress (ENL Level 13).

Picture got banned now back once edited.

Pokemon.JPG

--
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 356 of 360
Flag for a moderator

Only level 10 myself, 400k AP off 11 so should get it over the next week, or a couple days if I go up to the blue held uni.

Played it in year one, got bored as couldn't level except from recharging as EVERYWHERE around me was green and stayed green. Quit then but came back ~220 days ago and levelled up from then. Glyph hacking is the best thing that's happened to the game as it removes the barrier for entry for low players as they can still level on their own teams portals.

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 357 of 360
Flag for a moderator

My area in Blue, due to the Blue Cheats with multiple accounts. One has 10 Lvl8 Accounts and loads on all portals.

--
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 358 of 360
Flag for a moderator

That actually sounds nice though, plenty of AP to farm.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 359 of 360
Flag for a moderator

I pre-ordered the collector edition of The Last Guardian, which I won't be opening. I'll get a standard digital version of it after release which will be played. Currently though I'm playing my PS3 and PS2 more than my PS4 (barely used the PS4 in weeks now.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Message 360 of 360
Flag for a moderator

Anyone a fan of ARK? I've been playing recently on PS4 and I've been hooked. Much more fun playing with some friends to watch your back though as that game can be brutal......

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos