Menu
Message 21 of 360 (1,763 Views)

Re: What Games Are You Playing?

I'm thinking of picking up Dragon Age Inquisition for the kids (not me honest), anyone given this a go yet?

Be interested to know if it measures up to Origins.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 22 of 360 (1,739 Views)

played https://uk.games.yahoo.com/game/luminara-flash.html additive game..
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 360 (1,712 Views)

Just started Playing Lords of the Fallen on PS4, pretty impressed up to now but only done the opening Mission.

Anyone else played this game?

Regads

Paul

On our wavelength
Message 24 of 360 (1,674 Views)

PC Gamer here, when I touch consoles I cannot hit a barn door with a BFG!

So Counter Strike Global Offensive religiously. Also been dabbling in Alien Isolation which is awesome and just got Titanfall on Origin sale and that's really entertaining! Also enjoy an MMO or two every now and then, ESO and Wildstar.

Would just like to also ask does anyone play on a 144hz monitor? I have recently got a BenQ XL2420Z and for FPS games running at 144hz it is very impressive! Does anyone else do anything similar?

Peace out,

Ady

Tuning in
Message 25 of 360 (1,647 Views)

Nothing at present as cannot get multiplayer on COD GHOSTS to work with a party.
Dialled in
Message 26 of 360 (1,625 Views)

[ Edited ]

I play Aces High on a PC with the server in the USA. A steady connection is most important so a ping of 250 may be a bit long but OK as long as it does not vary much. Lost packets not acceptable due to the way the game works. On a good evening I get pings of around 130.

Its is essentially a WWII air combat game with three sides (rooks, bishops and knights so no politics!) and typically 300 players in the same arena. I made an 8 minute film of logging on, a quick sortie and exit from the game. I used fraps to capture my monitor so you can see it as it is played warts and all!. If interested save the file to your PC (173Mb) and play after. I had to save it at a reduced resolution to get it small enough for my web site. All I did was to add text comments using microsofts movie maker. The aircraft flown is a Mk16 Spitfire with clipped wings. The one "kill" is a Messerschmitt 110. You can fly axis or allied aircraft on the same side, so I have a go at a Mk8 Spitfire flown by the enemy. In scenarios you have to take a axis or allies side and fly what has been set. You can fly, drive tanks and man guns (including Battleships), but as said most fly and use ground vehicles in support of capturing an enemy base. Tankers note, the sights used are modelled on the real thing so different between types.

AH-Movie.mp4

As the flight model, performance, ammo etc of the real thing is modelled, aircraft handle very differently depending on aircraft type, load out (fuel ammo bombs etc.). Leading the target like clay pigeon shooting is the norm unless the enemy is flying ahead without turning.The actual game is on the Hitech Creations website, easy to find with a search engine. No good playing with a mouse unless you are happy in just a tank. Also in the film it can be seen the flight is recorded by a built in recorder, but the film is not what you see on the monitor playing hence why I used Fraps to capture this example. You only need a decent PC to play, not a special games PC. I recommend it and have been playing It for around 13 years or more. It is being constantly improved by a dedicated team.

I'll leave the film in place for a month then it will be deleted.

Dialled in
Message 27 of 360 (1,616 Views)

[ Edited ]

Forgot to say but to play the movie right click the link and select "save target as" so you can download where-ever. I doubt it will play directly.

Dialled in
Message 28 of 360 (1,590 Views)

For all those players that need massive speeds to play their game online it made me smile when the Tech team for Aces High advised the following.

"The game is designed to work with a dial-up modem at 28.8Kbps.  Anything faster than that only helps when you have to download updates, skins, terrains, and so on.

This is because the game is designed to support 1,000 players on one server and has to be efficient in the network code in order to do that.  It is a side result of that efficiency."

It makes me wonder why so many other games need so much more! - So if you are on a slow (but steady) connection, this is one you can go multiplayer with.

I have just added Trackir5 to my own PC as this now allows me to look around just by moving my head instead of using hat switches. The game supports it fully to 6 "axis", the 3 swing ones, roll pitch and yaw plus the 3 slide type axis of side to side, up and down, and back and forward. e.g. if I lean forward to look at an instrument panel the view zooms in as I get closer.

Tuning in
Message 29 of 360 (1,543 Views)

I bought Don't Starve during the Christmas sales on Steam and only recently started playing it - don't regret the purchase one bit, it's one hell of an addictive game. It feels how a survival game should be played, having to plan in advance and forage/prepare accordingly so you don't starve or get killed in the dark - the coming winter is deadly, and when you die you have to start all over again! 

It's quite a challenge, but it feels rewarding the longer you survive Smiley Happy 

Tuning in
Message 30 of 360 (1,530 Views)

Currently playing Call of Duty MW2 on XBox360 and Destiny on XBox One, (I'll occasionally play CoD Ghosts and CoD Advanced Warfare on the One as well).

CM Smiley Happy