Menu
Message 11 of 360
Flag for a moderator

Re: What Games Are You Playing?

Evil within does look horrible (in a good way Smiley Happy) I understand it's similar to Silent Hill as far as gameplay and generally creepy setting. Is that about right? 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Superuser
Superuser
Message 12 of 360
Flag for a moderator

Current games I am playing are. Call of Duty Black Ops 2 on Xbox 360, final fantasy x/x-2 hd remastered and lightning returns final fantasy xiii on the PS3.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
irishgeal
Tuning in
Message 13 of 360
Flag for a moderator

As a 20+ year gamer with an XB1 I'd love to add a few original titles here but the combination of work, a 2year old girl and another on the way has meant I need games I can play in small chunks.  It my seem silly but I have avoid open world games as much as possible as can't put the hours in to complete them.

After swearing I'd not buy FIFA15 I folded like a deck of cards and bought it on launch day and have been drawn back into ultimate team.  I recently finished Tomb Raider and was REALLY impressed....so much so its in my top 5games of all time.

I have been playing Metro last light when not in the mood for FIFA15 and my next purchase (on my Santa list) will probably be Shadow of Mardor or Alien Isolation.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 14 of 360
Flag for a moderator

irishgeal wrote:

As a 20+ year gamer with an XB1 I'd love to add a few original titles here but the combination of work, a 2year old girl and another on the way has meant I need games I can play in small chunks.  It my seem silly but I have avoid open world games as much as possible as can't put the hours in to complete them.

After swearing I'd not buy FIFA15 I folded like a deck of cards and bought it on launch day and have been drawn back into ultimate team.  I recently finished Tomb Raider and was REALLY impressed....so much so its in my top 5games of all time.

I have been playing Metro last light when not in the mood for FIFA15 and my next purchase (on my Santa list) will probably be Shadow of Mardor or Alien Isolation.

Both get good reviews and deserve a place on your Santa list.

Big Up the Irish contingent!

Superuser
Superuser
Message 15 of 360
Flag for a moderator

John_G wrote:

Evil within does look horrible (in a good way Smiley Happy) I understand it's similar to Silent Hill as far as gameplay and generally creepy setting. Is that about right? 

The horror element is similar to SH yes. Many players have complained though because the game has black bars top & bottom of the screen. 

Virginia/Doctor9fan. If I have helped please give me Kudos.
Lumes
Settling in
Message 16 of 360
Flag for a moderator

I'm not playing any games right now as my SH2 is incapable of keeping a connection with my XB1.

Message 17 of 360
Flag for a moderator

I keep hearing good things about Metro Last light. It's apparently got an incredibly creepy setting and supernatural elements mixed into a familiar resistance type plot. I have no idea about the story but I'm already intrigued by the creepy post apocalyptic subterranean world. 

I found a copy of Discworld 2 on the Ps1 on ebay the other week, played it last night. Forgot how great it was Smiley Happy Very dated now and looks awful on a big TV but you just can't help but smile at a combination of Terry Pratchett and Eric Idle. 

Everyone I know has warned me against it but I relented and have started playing FFXIII - 2. So far so good! Though it was a preowned copy which was scratched so I'm popping to game after work to get a better copy Smiley Happy

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Superuser
Superuser
Message 18 of 360
Flag for a moderator

Lumes wrote:

I'm not playing any games right now as my SH2 is incapable of keeping a connection with my XB1.

Nope its not your SH2- have a look at my thread regarding connection issues. Running Destiny, Fifa multiplayer through SH2 and SHAC with no issues (SH2 swapped back in for testing purposes). SHAC is more tolerant of WAN faults than SH2 but if your connection is working the way it should, you'll have no problem with SH2. Network over mains or wired connection definitely helps but its entirely possible to run it wireless as well.

If you want to stray from facts to my opinion, BOTH next gen consoles are designed for IPV6 and are having issues with IPV4 connections.

Blazingbullet
Tuning in
Message 19 of 360
Flag for a moderator

This year iv notched up some insane number of games.

currently plowing through sleeping dogs DE, fifa 15, evil within and alien isolation. Also got diablo 3 on back burner atm and back and forth on plants vs zombies garden warefare

loved tomb raider, easlier was my game of last few years (completed on 360 and again on xbox1

i deffinatly recommend getting evil within and alien isolation for sure

kaz19880
Tuning in
Message 20 of 360
Flag for a moderator

right this second nothing because i cant

but i was playing forza horizon 2 forza 5 battlefield 4 fifa 15 and the crew on my xbox one