cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Are You Playing Right Now?

John_G
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I've been a veteran of Gaming for many years now and seen it come from slow loading tapes like the BBC Micro (Which was released before I was born Robot wink) through the console wars of Megadrive vs SNES to Playstation vs Xbox to the modern day. 

So what are you playing now? Let us know what games you've been playing and give us a little description, the more obscure the better Robot Happy

I've recently gotten my hands on No Mans Sky on the PS4, one of the most anticipated games of 2016 and with good reason! So far I've only clocked about 6 hours but I've discovered and named 20 species of alien life, several planets and even named and entire Galaxy after myself. Because I have a massive ego Robot LOL There isn't much in the way of a tutorial so it's been fun just toying about and learning everything for myself. It's early days so I'm sure there's going to be more and more new developments for this game!

Let us know what you've been playing in the comments and happy gaming!

John

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

221 REPLIES 221

Anonymous
Not applicable

I been gaming since the 70's & haven't stopped, nor will I Smiley Wink

At the moment I play Warface & CS:Go for some FPS fun & also Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag on the PC & enjoying everything about it, just found all the Mayan stones & unlocked the armour, doing all the assassin missions & blasting every ship I see sailing about into oblivion, I've managed to destroy 1 of the legendary ships I found, also my daughter got Frozen Free Fall Snowball Fight on her PS4 so I took over her game when she went to make a cup of coffee & sadly got hooked on that too, as well as an occasional go on Mortal Kombat X as the Predator or Kung Lao, his brutality is most satisfying Smiley Very Happy

them.jpg

Majide!

Shelke
Alessandro Volta

@Ty_S I bought No Man's Sky a couple of days ago, in its present state it's not worth £47~£50. £20... sure. I knew I was walking into a potential mess, mostly I got the game because it may improve over time and I wanted to explore around space. I'm not going to sink any meaningful amount of time into it as I have with Dragon Age etc recently.

Really buggy though. Like if you do the R2 hold to lift of the ground, rather than just lift you a few inches off the ground - it sometimes shoots you up into space in less than a split second. The fire mode didn't work for my first ship for ages, then randomly started working a couple of hours in (yes the weapon was at 100% charged throughout, it just wouldn't fire.)

The starter side of it aggravated me, like why put the drone things around your first ship? They swarmed me in numbers of 3~8 when I tried to collect the materials around my first ship to repair it (yes my character died - twice.) Also, it's starting steps are vague, as it doesn't explain things to well. An example being: you done your first hyper jump. What then - are you stuck and unable to manufacture antimatter for hyper jumps? Well you need to MANUALLY do a search press in space, it will point you to a 'manufacturing facility'. It doesn't tell you why you have to go there. When you get there, you need to open the locked door - but the mining beam won't do it. It doesn't tell you that you need find a grenade plan for the multitool weapon. Which you need to make and equip to the multi tool blow the entry door in to get the antimatter plan.

Edit: typo corrected.

Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
You took a gamble on it then! Yeah I can imagine it’s still pretty buggy at the moment. The gameplay trailer with the Jurassic Park theme had me in stitches.

Sounds like your experience matches what I’ve heard a lot of people say who felt a little lost in the beginning and would have appreciated a slight nudge in the right direction. I wonder what they are going to bring in with the updates as people seem to be crying out for base building, multiplayer etc. I’m curious to play it but I think I’ll continue to hold out for now .

I was going to get stuck into Dragon Age again and try some of the DLC but I ended up picking up a copy of The Elder Scrolls online. I’ve not tried it yet so hopefully I’ll get a few hours in later 🙂

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Shelke
Alessandro Volta

@Ty_S Funny that you mention The Elder Scrolls Online. Just last week when I was visiting my younger brother he was playing that game and was asking me if I would get it. He did seem a tad annoyed by the lack of a minimap on screen, paths to quests not always being clear and about managing weapon skills.

TinBox
On our wavelength
Nothing. Because the network is down. Again. This time with an expected fix time of 18 hours. Another evening ruined but hey it might be on for tomorrow night. Then it's the old classic World of Warcraft. Will be playing catch up of course as most of them haven't been affected, being in different countries.

the_bunse
Tuning in

I have been gaming since the 80's and the micro revolution swtching to PC gaming in '89. Before I switched to Virgin about a month ago I had BT Infinity and used to play Mechwarrior Online, War Thunder, Elite Dangerous and would be playing Battlefield 1. #regret 

unbiased
Dialled in

Been playing no mans sky a fair bit, im enjoying it, although i do understand  alot of the criticism aimed at it, its fairly basic at the moment but its good fun for a couple of hours at a go, i came across another persons discoveries on the ps4 version last night, was shocked as i havent mad much progression towards the centre.

also been back on fallout 4 with the new dlc out, not sure what to make of that yet, Play eso a bit on pc myself although its one of those where i get the urge to play it constantly for a few days, then leave for a month lol.

Last night though i was laying titan quest again thanks to thq releasing the new anniversary edition free for all owners, thats how remasters/remakes should be done in my opinion, dont like paying extra for a game (on pc anyway ) for a few more bells and whistles ( i will admit i did get the dead island ones on xbox one though as i loved them )

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Shelke I did notice the R2 take off bug at first, but not so much recently.  Not sure if it is just very random or got patched out.  I had no issue with the fire mode on my ships, I'm on my third ship so far.

The randomness of the game includes the level of sentinel activity on each planet and by the sounds of things you were really unlucky to start on a planet with aggressive sentinels.  My starting planet had toxic rain which made repairing my ship tricky, but at least I could get in the ship to recharge my shield.  I guess they could make the starting planets a bit less random and less aggressive.

With regard to the vagueness, I liked that and thought it added to the mystery of the game.  If you follow the Atlas path it does explain things to you (I think), or you do what I did at first and just stumble around for a while.

With regard to facilities with locked doors, until recently I was using the boltcaster mode on my multi tool to demolish the doors so you don't have to use a grenade.  I have since discovered that a grenade is much quicker and doesn't attract sentinels like the boltcaster.

I am now fluent in the Gek language which makes interacting with that race less of a lottery, which is nice. 

I haven't played NMS for a few days and got a new patch pushed out to my PS4 yesterday but not tried it yet.  Have been distracted by Battlefield 4 that I picked up in a bundle with Battlefield Hardline part of the PSN summer sale.  Not a huge FPS fan but at £6.65 for the pair (less when you factor in the discounted PSN credit I use) I thought it was worth a go.

@unbiased I encountered an already discovered system on my first jump and have since found a couple more systems discovered by the same user.  I have not yet found an on world location that had been discovered by anyone else.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_G
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I've been back on Witcher 3 with the dlc recently and have been blown away all over again. I've finished Heart of Stone and thought the story and additional content, characters and creatures were excellent and the missions were incredibly compelling. I'm currently playing through Blood and Wine and it's absolutely massive! Toussaint is a beautiful backdrop for some amazing new missions and a compelling (so far) story.

I promise I'll stop talking about Witcher eventually.

I also picked up the Elder Scrolls Online recently and so far I'm a bit underwhelmed. I'm not much of an MMO fan but I enjoyed both Oblivion and Skyrim immensely so thought I'd give it a try. So far it feels like an empty and stripped down Skyrim but it's still early days, I'll persevere and get a bit stronger before I make a real judgement.