Menu
Message 11 of 147 (793 Views)

Re: What Are You Playing Right Now?

With those big names I'll definitely check it out then! Don't think I'll quite get to their level though Robot tongue Thanks for the recommendation Robot Very Happy

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 12 of 147 (783 Views)

Naruto Ninja Storm's PVP side has died it seems, so few matchups happening lately... well the combat system in it is heavily flawed, so it's not too surprising really.

Currently my main played game for now is Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY edition. Also playing some other older games randomly on my PS3 and PS2.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Super solver
Message 13 of 147 (772 Views)

John now you have clocked more time into No Man's Sky are you bored yet? lol

Majide!
0 Kudos
Super solver
Message 14 of 147 (770 Views)

Also as like Shelke looking forward to The Last Guardian have been waiting on that for years, so glad they waited to put it on the PS4 instead.

Also would have pre-ordered Final Fantasy XV but if I get direct from Square Enix, it will arrive later than the release date... which is very strange.

I played No Man's Sky with so much hyped eyes... close to 6 hours later the honeymoon was over, the game to me is the same grind every system, and it isn't fun. You can't be a pirate in the game either... which you were supposed to be able to do, or go after pirates - that is now if lucky an SOS signal when you scan the system. So much potential wasted Smiley Sad

There is Deus Ex Human Revolution soon as well as Legion at the end of the month.

So I will be busyish Smiley Happy

Majide!
Superuser
Message 15 of 147 (763 Views)

No Man's Sky did seem rather hyped... can you build bases in it? I think it would be cool if you could fly off somewhere and build yourself a base or space base etc. Just flying between planets for resources would get tiresome...

@DABhand did you pre-order FF XV through the PS store?

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 16 of 147 (766 Views)

I'm interested in trying No Man's Sky but I'm not willing to pay £45-50 I will wait until it's about £20, besides that I have a bit of a backlog of games to play on PS4 and Xbox One such as Fallout 4.

Super solver
Message 17 of 147 (768 Views)

Shelke wrote:

No Man's Sky did seem rather hyped... can you build bases in it? I think it would be cool if you could fly off somewhere and build yourself a base or space base etc. Just flying between planets for resources would get tiresome...

@DABhand did you pre-order FF XV through the PS store?

No Bases.

You start off on a planet not sure who you are with a damaged ship, you run around collecting resources to fix it, so you can leave the system... well you can identify new life forms and get money for it, or trade your minerals and learn languages while dealing with aliens.

But that is pretty much it, fly to a new system see what is cool, refuel ship, carry on, there is story progression at times... but meh it gets boring very very quickly.

Animals aren't as varied as they suggested, worlds are pretty much sameish, gravity is all the same on any planetoid.

As for pre-ordering, I wanted the Deluxe edition of FFXV for the Blu-Ray of the movie too, so will have to be physical copy. Besides downloading from PSN is slow, even with the virtual network method to grab a file and to send to the PS4.

Majide!
Superuser
Message 18 of 147 (761 Views)

Gravity differences would have been nice. At the very least it would have to have buildable bases before I would even buy it. I'd fly around, find a planet I like and setup a home base. Maybe even have the ability to land/live/mine resources on meteorites, explore them also.

Does it have different kinds of stars (sun types)? like pulsars etc - maybe even blackholes?

I know that Elite Deadly has some of that stuff

- - - - - -
Super solver
Message 19 of 147 (752 Views)

There is a black hole or two, but that's part of the story.

I cannot say more without giving away that story.

As for stars, not really.

What was promised so long ago, did not make it in the end.

- No multiplayer

- No Pirates and you can't become a pirate

- The lifeforms are similar, and use the same models, you can only look at that alien pig face so many times... there was supposed to be dinosaur sized animals but not seen any.

- Everything is unique to you, nobody will ever see your planets or discovery, you do see ships of other players docking up in stations but you never see those players... which is weird because if the players are in the same station they must have discovered the same planets but yet they haven't.

It is a delight to start with, but gets repetitive very quickly. I had to get a refund via Steam and even then that was a fight until I got a hold of the Financial Ombudsman then got my refund.

I would wait until it is cheaper, as £39.99 is far too expensive for what you get.

Majide!
Superuser
Message 20 of 147 (748 Views)

That's a shame, I was thinking of cool surprise events like arriving in a random galaxy expecting to find new planets etc. But all there is a super-massive quasar or something like that and it would be hard to hyper space jump away from Cat Very Happy

The game does sound boring in its present state.

- - - - - -
0 Kudos