cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Are You Playing Right Now?

John_G
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I've been a veteran of Gaming for many years now and seen it come from slow loading tapes like the BBC Micro (Which was released before I was born Robot wink) through the console wars of Megadrive vs SNES to Playstation vs Xbox to the modern day. 

So what are you playing now? Let us know what games you've been playing and give us a little description, the more obscure the better Robot Happy

I've recently gotten my hands on No Mans Sky on the PS4, one of the most anticipated games of 2016 and with good reason! So far I've only clocked about 6 hours but I've discovered and named 20 species of alien life, several planets and even named and entire Galaxy after myself. Because I have a massive ego Robot LOL There isn't much in the way of a tutorial so it's been fun just toying about and learning everything for myself. It's early days so I'm sure there's going to be more and more new developments for this game!

Let us know what you've been playing in the comments and happy gaming!

John

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

219 REPLIES 219

Dave_cq
Community elder

I am playing with my hooligan cat and I think he's winning.

Oscar 67.jpg

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron

lmacilroy
On our wavelength

I play a few games. usually DayZ (for thos who have heard of it). For those who havent heard of it - its an "open world" survival game where you survive against the elements ie lack of food/supplies etc the wildlife (wolves recently introduced) and other players. You get those who just tend to "loot" up and just play PVP style and then of course you get those who like to RP it and see what they can come across.

Another game Im hoping to hopefully try at moment is a game called Battlegrounds (by "PLAYERUNKNOWN"). This is a 60 player deathmatch where you are parachuted into a large terrain and have to quickly find supplies/weaponry and hunt down your opponents. It first started out basically as a mod for the Arma 3 game, but has recently been adapted as its very own "standalone". I managed to grab an Alpha key for it from a friend who is a twitch partner to help out with testing and servers were supposed to have come online last night for the current batch testing but unfortunately a few snags occurred and the start of the current test period has been put back a day or so. im hoping to grab some video footage of the game and maybe stream on twitch as at first glance it looks a rather decent game. I believe they are looking at releasing it sometime Q1 of next year and things looking promising for it at the moment.

Another game ive been checking out recent is "Project Argo". Its based on Arma 3 by bohemia but has a very different flavour to it. You have 3 different game modes, of which Im still checking out and working out what they are all about. PLUS! Its a free game under Bohemia Interactives' "Incubator" label. Graphics look pretty decent (seeing as it uses the base Arma 3 engine anyway). Just google Bohemia Incubator and you should be able to grab yourself a copy. I mean its FREE...what could go wrong!

sialdriuk
Joining in

im playing BF1....anyone wants to add me im on xb1 darklord adder

Been playing FFXV and it has been a hoot so far, although was fun at the start the day cycle has became a bit annoying later on, when I want to do more in the day, however the story line and well designed maps and tough battles will keep you busy.

The infamous final hunt target takes 1hr to kill. It is like FFX2 hunting again 😛 And I like that, I don't want easy all the time.

If you haven't got it yet, you can get the special edition (which is the same as Day One edition but with 2 extras) for just over £42 at Argos.

CyrUEmpWEAEWd4z.jpg

Majide!

Nat_
Settling in

After a mountain of salt from CSGO, I've come to love Overwatch.

I'm also playing Far Cry 3 on the side, I picked it up for £3.75 in the Steam sale for Black Friday 🙂

iSean
On our wavelength

The Division - PS4 .. and loving it... I just don't go in to the Dark Zones 😄

Shelke
Alessandro Volta

@iSean wrote:

The Division - PS4 .. and loving it... I just don't go in to the Dark Zones 😄

I had that and got bored, the DZ wasn't fun for me...

Myself currently? I'm playing nothing online at the moment, area has been affected by upstream SNR fault all day and broadband faults thought disconnecting my hub rather than reporting the SNR fault on to networks was the best course of action Cat Sad

Shelke
Alessandro Volta

I have the Last Guardian CE, but I won't be opening it. Maybe going to pick up a pre-owned standard game copy of it in a month or two. Reviews have shown it to perform poorly on a standard PS4+other issues.

I have ordered up the RE7 CE edition. For some reason you need to buy the CE box+game separately, but I don't mind that.

Also seen that FF15 is going to be getting massively overhauled, story changes+fixes and new playable characters, etc. So I'll be picking up FF15 months later, hopefully by then you aren't limited to playing solely with the 4 man bro team.

Nex
Knows their stuff

Picked up astroneer today. It's a quirky game. Indie (you gamers need to support those indie devs).

Single player, it's pretty good. Multiplayer there are some pretty gamebreaking bugs.

It's in pre-alpha, and they admit that bugs will be in the game, but for £15, it's a bit of fun on a planet being on your own.

It has been likened to no man's sky (by others, never played it), but with multiplayer.

Random signature here... I'll get back to this some day!

Only a few hours for Season 3 of The Walking Dead, I am so looking forward to that.

I too bought Astroneer however it has been very buggy, but it is a Alpha version of the game, so it will be fixed eventually.

It is partly what No Man's Sky should have been like.

EDIT: As I was posting this a new patch for Astroneer is out which fixes a lot of lag issues etc.

Majide!