cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Are You Playing Right Now?

John_G
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I've been a veteran of Gaming for many years now and seen it come from slow loading tapes like the BBC Micro (Which was released before I was born Robot wink) through the console wars of Megadrive vs SNES to Playstation vs Xbox to the modern day. 

So what are you playing now? Let us know what games you've been playing and give us a little description, the more obscure the better Robot Happy

I've recently gotten my hands on No Mans Sky on the PS4, one of the most anticipated games of 2016 and with good reason! So far I've only clocked about 6 hours but I've discovered and named 20 species of alien life, several planets and even named and entire Galaxy after myself. Because I have a massive ego Robot LOL There isn't much in the way of a tutorial so it's been fun just toying about and learning everything for myself. It's early days so I'm sure there's going to be more and more new developments for this game!

Let us know what you've been playing in the comments and happy gaming!

John

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

219 REPLIES 219

I was never a fan of X-2, it just wasn't Final Fantasy to me, in fact from that game on wards FF games become more like cinematic eye candy than lengthy RPG titles.

Hoping FFXV will reinvent that. But if it ends up like another movie fest I will never buy another FF game again, Konami came close when they did it with Metal Gear Solid 4 when the game was essentially a movie and people did not like it one bit and they changed it quickly.

Majide!

John_G
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Initially that was my exact opinion of X-2 DABhand. I revisited it a few years later to give it another chance and found the battle system was actually really well geared. I liked the turn based of X but X-2 really brought ATB to life. I really enjoyed just how wide open FF12 was but the characters and seemed a little bland. I'm looking forward to FF15 but I share your trepidation, if it turns out like 13 I won't be happy. (No more corridors! Robot Mad

I'm also excited and anxious for the FF7 remake. I know the battle system will have to be different but I don't know in what way it will work!

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

I am also hoping that FF15 is good

I like 7 and have the original on the PS3 (PS1 version) also have 7 DoC (PS2) and 7 Crisis Core (PSP).
I also like FF8 (infact it was that one that got me into Final Fantasy).

As long as they keep the system of FF7 remake the same as the original it will be a hit.

There is a reason why most people view FF7 as one of their games (if not THE game) they love.

And I really do hope they reintroduce the Aeris ressurection into the game. They didn't add it to the original western versions because they were affraid to annoy the Christians lol

Majide!

John_G
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Every now and then I get a pang of nostalgia for FF7 and various parts of the story or game and then I start to think how it will look or feel in the remake. We've only seen parts of Midgar in the trailers so far (unless there are some trailers I've not seen?) I'm looking forward to how the Temple of the Ancients will look Robot Very Happy

I am personally looking forward to doing everything, that includes killing the Weapons. Those will be interesting.

And of course levelling the matteria to spawn them, especially the ALL matteria.

Majide!

I got the ffx remastered collection on vita, played the main game through again loved it, started ffx-2 and just like the ps2 version i played about 5 or 6 hours then didnt play again, just doesnt grab me the same way

I am looking forward to the ff12 remaster though on ps4 as i never got chance to play that very much at all

craigeroche
Tuning in

I got Destiny, Taken King a couple of months ago. At first I loved it, Missions, multiplayer raids and strikes, plus the storyline....but recently I've noticed how repetitive it has become. Shame, I made a few good friends. I'm still on a 360 and basically you're being blackmailed into buying xbox 1 if you want to carry on playing, let alone play the new game Iron whatever. I'm getting my xbox 1, but I'm not getting Destiny. I'm looking forward to No Man's Sky, Fallout 4, Doom and hopefully plenty of other juicy games.

Namaste.

Black Ops 3 forced me to buy a Xbox 1 because the 360 version was so stripped down it was only multiplayer oh and it crashed all the time. It looks like that when FF7 remastered is released I will have to buy a PS4. 

I had a PS Vita for a few months and found it to be terrible. I am happy with my PSP. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bumping this topic because I'm currently playing Bioshock the remastered version and apart from a few glitches in the first game on the PC version the smoothness and graphics are amazing. If you haven't already played this I highly recommend.