Menu
broksonic
Fibre optic
Message 71 of 96
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 200 for gamers

robbojc wrote:

waste of time i cant even get more than 5 meg at night time

Do what I did and cancel the contract and go back to what you had before . I can still play FIFA 16 without any lag on my 150mb connection 

0 Kudos
Big-Gaz
Up to speed
Message 72 of 96
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Our contract from the VM services, will be running out in the middle of October 2016.
This maybe something I could be interested in, depending on a few things.

1. Will we get put into a new contract, we currently on the 200MB, with phone and Tivo boxes?

2. Has anyone noticed a lowering of ping, after upgrade?

Superuser
Superuser
Message 73 of 96
Flag for a moderator

Big-Gaz wrote:

Hi,

Our contract from the VM services, will be running out in the middle of October 2016.
This maybe something I could be interested in, depending on a few things.

1. Will we get put into a new contract, we currently on the 200MB, with phone and Tivo boxes?

Yes, Vivid 200 Gamer is a different tier, not an addon to Vivid 200. So changing to it will start a new contract, as any account change would.

2. Has anyone noticed a lowering of ping, after upgrade?

There is no lowering of ping on Vivid 200 Gamer. The people that have posted BQM graph's show no difference moving to the new tier.

e.g. http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/The-Gamer-Lounge/Vivid-200-for-gamers/m-p/3194739#M480

0 Kudos
lojelo5
Dialled in
Message 74 of 96
Flag for a moderator

I'm on my 12th day without no internet.
0 Kudos
lojelo5
Dialled in
Message 75 of 96
Flag for a moderator

13th day without any internet.
0 Kudos
lojelo5
Dialled in
Message 76 of 96
Flag for a moderator

Got told yesterday that 4000 customers in the DN4 area are suffering from this outage I'm  just one of the unlucky ones who can't get online at all.

The fault code for this is F004741189 I've posted it in here because every time I phone Virgin no support staff know of this fault code.

14 days now with no Internet and Virgin still think it's OK to bill you the full amount for the month.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 77 of 96
Flag for a moderator

lojelo5 wrote:

Got told yesterday that 4000 customers in the DN4 area are suffering from this outage I'm  just one of the unlucky ones who can't get online at all.

The fault code for this is F004741189 I've posted it in here because every time I phone Virgin no support staff know of this fault code.

14 days now with no Internet and Virgin still think it's OK to bill you the full amount for the month.

Now you have a fault reference you can phone in to get a credit for the fault added to your account, by quoting the fault reference.

0 Kudos
lojelo5
Dialled in
Message 78 of 96
Flag for a moderator

@ MUD

Already done m8 1st thing I did.

Though the fault is closed and I'm still with no Internet my fault is much worse than just replacing cards in the cab. The issue I am having is at the backend servers where my sh3 will not lock onto doscic3 and is giving me DHCP failed request.

15 days now with no Internet in this day and age is a bit pathetic if you ask me.

0 Kudos
lojelo5
Dialled in
Message 79 of 96
Flag for a moderator

My maths was wrong 16 days offline.

Also another update the fault that was rectified isn't fixed it's now been passed òver once again.

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 80 of 96
Flag for a moderator

As I have said elsewhere, even during when I was testing this, there is no real difference between 200 and Vivid 200, except the traffic management.

People were led to believe through some naughty campaigns by VM that their line would be great and be latency free with very little problems for gaming.

But that is not the truth, you still share the same network as normal people, so if there is congestion in the area you are still going to get congestion. High latency - you will get it also.

So the extra £5 or so a month for Vivid is paying for the lack of traffic management and 8mb more in upload bandwith.

A few people talked about it in the trial forum that there was no real difference at all and the whole idea didn't make sense. But it doesn't matter if everyone had a negative view... VM wanted the extra money and they were going ahead with it anyway no matter the trial outcome.

Kinda sad, they should have the UBRs give out separate connections to reduce congestion problems etc for Vivid users, this would encourage people to get it and also reduce the congestion a bit on the normal conns for other users. Would have been a win win.

Majide!
0 Kudos