Menu
Mcgaz
On our wavelength
Message 91 of 96
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 200 for gamers

Wow, that's really bad.

I'm in a bit of limbo at the moment my internet is achieving 15-35Mbps (instead of 200Mbps), my TiVo box is dying and I'm paying for an old HD box with a terrible user interface.

Believe it or not... my bill is higher than that of 2 V6 boxes and the 200 VIVID Gamer option. I was considering upgrading (at what should be no cost), but I play FPS regularly and it looks like the SH3 would be awful for that.

What to do...

0 Kudos
Stythinator
Problem sorter
Message 92 of 96
Flag for a moderator

Upgraded to Vivid for Gamers. First thing i have noticed Web Browsing seem's to be slower for some reason. Also i keep loosing IP Connection to all of the Connected Devices (Never used to do this on Standard 200mb)

Speedtest's seem to be Fine though.

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
ga_connelly
On our wavelength
Message 93 of 96
Flag for a moderator

bambamboyo wrote:

Turns out not great for gaming after all !

www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/12/intel-working-fix-virgin-media-superhub-3-router-latency-bug.h...

Strange, been on the SH3 for best part of a year now and can confirm no issues with latency.  As a PC-FPS gamer I have no complaints.  On 200 Vivid now and going to gamer in May.

0 Kudos
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 94 of 96
Flag for a moderator

This is because there's not a lot of Virgin Media customers in your area once there is you'll start having a lot of problems. https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/vivid200-gamer-not-recommended/td-p/3398571/page...

There's no difference between Vivid 200 & Vivid 200 gamer being on Vivid 200 gamer it will not improve your connection or it make any faster. ; )

0 Kudos
robbiegwa
On our wavelength
Message 95 of 96
Flag for a moderator

That's false. 

Gammer has a faster upload and no traffic management applied to the line. 

0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 96 of 96
Flag for a moderator

ga_connelly wrote:

bambamboyo wrote:

Turns out not great for gaming after all !

www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/12/intel-working-fix-virgin-media-superhub-3-router-latency-bug.h...

Strange, been on the SH3 for best part of a year now and can confirm no issues with latency.  As a PC-FPS gamer I have no complaints.  On 200 Vivid now and going to gamer in May.

It depends on the number of downstream channels you have: with 8 channels and it's not much worse than the SuperHub 2, with 16 channels and you start to see problems, 24 channels and the latency spikes are huge.

There are severe issues the Intel Puma 6 chip which powers the Hub 3, and many other cable modems. In the US legal action is under way against Arris (who make the Hub 3) for continuing to sell modems/routers plagued by the faulty Intel Puma chip: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/04/11/intel_puma_6_arris/

0 Kudos