Menu
Highlighted
lumigol
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Vivid 200 Gamer

I was under the impression, that Vivid 200 Gamer was free from traffic management, but speed tests done at diferent times of the day, different days of the week, show that speeds are a great deal lower at evenings than mornings. Am I the only one under the impression that something is not quite right here?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Vivid 200 Gamer

Hi lumigol,

Apcyberax is correct I'm sorry. Your network segment isn't currently able to handle peak time load and requires an upgrade.

We have to allow time for the pre-upgrade work to complete first and that is due to be reviewed on 08/03/2017. At that time, if the work is complete we'll be provided with a viable EFT for the network to commence. If the work's not complete we'll have an updated review time.

Sorry about this but you should be eligible for a credit whilst this is affecting you. So I'll pass your details over to a team who'll be in touch to advise.

Jen
Forum Team

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

that is not traffic management that is area usage.
Its not a limit that is being placed on the service its the demand from other customers
0 Kudos
dcookster
Superfast
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

lumigol wrote:
I was under the impression, that Vivid 200 Gamer was free from traffic management, but speed tests done at diferent times of the day, different days of the week, show that speeds are a great deal lower at evenings than mornings. Am I the only one under the impression that something is not quite right here?

Same issue here, upgraded to Vivid 200 Gamer and only get 100m during peak hours.  My area is congested and has been for a while.

A company with some integrity wouldn't sell a service they can't deliver but VM ain't on their own.

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

it just a slow speeds between 4pm to midnight and weekends peek times this can be over utilization over word too many people is with virgin media network createing an inbalance and congestion on your local box/servers you been put on and they are updateing the traffic managment policoy and upgradeing the network in the areas to cope with the extra demand get a fault ref and get your account credited untill this is sorted out

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi lumigol,

Apcyberax is correct I'm sorry. Your network segment isn't currently able to handle peak time load and requires an upgrade.

We have to allow time for the pre-upgrade work to complete first and that is due to be reviewed on 08/03/2017. At that time, if the work is complete we'll be provided with a viable EFT for the network to commence. If the work's not complete we'll have an updated review time.

Sorry about this but you should be eligible for a credit whilst this is affecting you. So I'll pass your details over to a team who'll be in touch to advise.

Jen
Forum Team

Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Jen_A wrote:

Hi lumigol,

Were VM aware that the network segment wasn't able to handle peak time loads before the service was sold to the customer? If so that would constitute a miss-selling of the service.

Pre-upgrade work being reviewed in March does not mean that the service will actually be available in March.  Why was this upgrade work not done before VM sold the service? Weasel words and wriggle room.

The onus will be on the customer to complain, each and every month the service they are paying for is not available, and have to virtually beg for a credit. 

This is as far removed from "customer service" as you can possibly get.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Jeez Jen,

A kudos and a "helpful answer" from the OP lumigol for telling them that have effectively been miss-sold a service. I never thought I would see that!

Bet you never thought that would happen either.

There you were, telling the OP that the services they are paying for are not actually available on their segment, and you get such a mediocre reaction. 

Happy Days!

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos